OCI Maxlife 5w30 Syn Blend

Attachments

• IMG_9229.jpeg
    IMG_9229.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 42
I see that. See what other members suggest on here they will have better answers and suggestions then I can give you. I’d say perform an oil change spray the entire area down with brake parts cleaner and keep an eye on it sort of looks like a wet line coming from above the filter.

I see that. See what other members suggest on here they will have better answers and suggestions then I can give you. I’d say perform an oil change spray the entire area down with brake parts cleaner and keep an eye on it sort of looks like a wet line coming from above the filter.
Trust me lol I’ve fully shampooed and brake cleaned entire area - it’s oozing out of the bellhousing bolt from behind.

I changed :
-Valley Cover Gasket
-Valve Cover Gaskets
-Oil Pressure Switch
-Cam Sensor O-ring
-Oil Filter bypass housing seal
-Used Permatex "spray seal" for a small "sweat" that was coming from passenger side of rear cover to oil pan (had clutch done before I got it and looks like something knicked the gasket" - this has 100% sealed that small leak

It forms on that lower left corner of pan after 400-500km if I brake clean it out it’ll stay away for another 4-500km. I’m hoping Maxlife can do some magic vs the Mobil 1 0w40 I was using.

Not sure h.m. oil will help a rear main seal leak.
It does not help my Gm 5.3

It helped with the slow RMS leak on the XJ 4.0 Cherokee we used to have-it won't stop it completely, but it will slow it way down. I didn't want to pull the transmission just to fix a slow leak, and by the time rust claimed it, the leak had basically stopped completely.

I’m just a skeptic of high mileage oils and additives I have in my mind and I could be 100% wrong that’s once introduced you kind of have to stick with it.
Maybe search MolaKule’s posts on HM oils. Not only does he say there’s no downsides to a fully formulated HM oil, he said there’s also zero reasons you can’t use it from mile 1 when brand new. Nothing to be skeptical about; HM oils generally have more antioxidants and seal conditioners. They’re fine.

At 99% highway miles you’ll be fine at those OCI’s. I use the 10w30 flavor and mostly short trip and at 5,000 mile intervals my LS 5.3 at 243,000 miles runs like a top with no drips or leaks.

2002 trans am LS1 / 6 speed
226,172 KM (140,000 MI)
99% highway miles

Started Using red bottle 5w30 syn blend Maxlife and Napagold filter
Usually do around 5-6000 KM a year (3100-3700 MI)

Would I be safe to use this OCI?
I am curious what would make you wonder about the oil holding up ?

Back