PYB, Moly content and high miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 91344George
Glad the placebo effect is working for you.
grin.gif

I dont think its that at all. My 3MZ-FE is very finicky on different oils as well.

Originally Posted By: lexus114
grin.gif

I dont think its that at all. My 3MZ-FE is very finicky on different oils as well.

I don't doubt that they are tiny recordable differences in engines when using different oils with different compositions BUT honestly I think it is very difficult for us to notice this ourselves.

grin.gif

Why is it that every time someone posts a good result or gets good use or performance from something, whether it is oil, transmission fluid, grease, an additive, a tool or whatever it might be, someone on here always has to have something smart to say about it that borders on being rude and insulting??? Why not just say something like "good, glad to hear it works for you" or something like that, or maybe just keep your negative opinions to yourself and follow that old rule that says if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all?

I plainly said in my result update post earlier today that I know it is too soon to tell and there are no real ways to tell the difference.

However, I do know how my truck runs, sounds, and responds and I can tell when something is different, whether it is a good or bad difference is immaterial. I like this PYB so far. Maybe posts like this can help others who are searching for oil info. Great God Almighty, I like this oil that I tried in my truck. Why can't we just leave it at that?

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
I don't believe the oil mfrs put more moly in because it has no effect or benefit.
I certainly like the improvements with Lubro Moly additive.

I hear ya. Everything I put that stuff in sees a decrease in fuel consumption. I look forward to the release of lubro-moly's cera-tec additive. From the info I have read it creates a ceramic layer that lasts for 50000 kms. It could double the lifespan of an engine if the rings last.

@Jimmy:

When you post your observations about your experience you have to expect replies of many different stripes, some you'll like and some you won't, so would you like to have replies that only agree with your opinion?

FTR I wasn't trying to be rude or insulting just poking a little fun at you, because if the general spec of the oil is what your vehicle manufacturer calls for there will be very little difference in the behavior of the engine especially that we humans can actually notice if any. When it comes to tiny measurements taken by sensors, yes I do think that is a good possibility but these minute changes will NOT be noticeable by we humans.

cheers3.gif

Last edited:
I realize you did not mean anything by it, and usually things like that don't bug me. It just seems that lately on here if one person posts some good result or an "I like this (whatever item it may be) post, there have to be others posting ten different reasons why it is not as or can not be as good as the OP said it was. Or they say the OP is experiencing a placebo effect. It has been a bad day here and I meant no offense in my post either.

@Jimmy:

The reason I initially made the placebo comment was because before I understood more about engines and oils, ect I always thought that my car seemed to be running better after a did a fresh oil change, I could swear it was the case, but as I learned I realized that it really isn't possible to notice this at the seat of the pants level.

I should have added a comment after the placebo line to make sure it was understood as a joke.

I've seen your other posts and they are as always very good.

PS.... how is your PC doing now?

No offense taken. Computer seemed to be doing OK yesterday and all of today, then tonight I ran a Super Anti Spyware scan and my new AVG tells me it detected the same trojanhorse.26ASUD file it found yesterday. So now I don't know if the trojan is still in my computer or if it came from the SAS website.

It has just been a bad day here today. Lots of problems with my work and now I have to worry if I really got rid of all those problems from the fake anti virus stuff that happened over the weekend.

Jimmy,
I have been changing the oil in my cars for the past thirty years now, and a fresh oil change always results in smoother running, regardless of the oil used.
Pay no attention to the naysayers.

I think the same thing, a new oil change will make an engine run smoother. It's just that the PYB makes my engine sound even more smooth and quiet running, I think it has to be the moly content. As Mechtech2 said, they would not put the moly in the oil to begin with if it did not help make the oil and the engine work better.

My engine may or may not sound that much better after I put some miles on this fill of PYB but with all the praise for PYB that I read on here I wanted to try it. I have to say I am very well pleased with PYB. I like the QS I have been using too, I think they will both do a fine job.

well here is another person some will say its my placeo affect.i know i like my cars running as quiet as can be.both were run on ouaker state syn 5/20 using hyundai filters a 2.4 and a 3.3 they were very quiet.both were run on 5/20 durablend both were quiet.i just changed oil on both mobile 1 0/20 on the 3.3 v6 and it is louder then before not much but i can here the difference.on the 2.4 sonata i put vavoline white bottle and that is louder than before 5/20 and huyndai filter you can say i'm nuts if you want too but some cars sound different on some oils.

Originally Posted By: ernied
well here is another person some will say its my placeo affect.i know i like my cars running as quiet as can be.both were run on ouaker state syn 5/20 using hyundai filters a 2.4 and a 3.3 they were very quiet.both were run on 5/20 durablend both were quiet.i just changed oil on both mobile 1 0/20 on the 3.3 v6 and it is louder then before not much but i can here the difference.on the 2.4 sonata i put vavoline white bottle and that is louder than before 5/20 and huyndai filter you can say i'm nuts if you want too but some cars sound different on some oils.

Your not nuts my friend.

Your not nuts my friend.
No, not at all, I remember putting Mobil one in my 4.0L Wrangler several years ago and my lord what a racket it made on that stuff. Mobil One is a great oil but man was that engine noisy compared to the Havoline conventional I was used to.

Originally Posted By: CB7Accord

I put pyb in my caliber and that motor has 30000 kms. It was always loud. Within 300 kms it sounded like a sewing machine. It's the best conventional oil out there. Now mobil 1 seems to have a major following but every motor I ever put it in got louder. From my bikes to my mustangs and trucks. All of them make a heck of a racket.
Just my experience. Your results may vary

Your not nuts my friend.
No, not at all, I remember putting Mobil one in my 4.0L Wrangler several years ago and my lord what a racket it made on that stuff. Mobil One is a great oil but man was that engine noisy compared to the Havoline conventional I was used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back