PYB 5w30 Or QSUD 5w30 For Cleaning+Quietest Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking of changing the oil in my 2011 Hyundai Santa fe this weekend and i usually use 5w30 QSUD but i have lots of 5w30 Pennzoil which oil is better for 5000 mile changes and which one cleans more in your opinion?
I also think the PYB 5w30 would be a little quieter than the QS...Opinions wanted.

If it's a 2.4L Santa Fe - PYB will work just fine for a 5,000 mile oci.

I doubt you'll notice a difference in sound.

I switched to QSUD recently.....and found that it made my engine quieter than my previous fill (M-1 0w20). In addition. It was a few $$$ cheaper. IMO, you can't go wrong with any major brand oil.

To quiet your engine, you might consider adding some additional Moly (Liqui-Moly Mos2) to your oil. Sold at Amazon for about $8. It gets very favorible reviews here on BTOG.

Very similar add packs which suggests your engine probably won't know the difference. I consider them essentially interchangeable. Advertising says PP cleans more. But advertising doesn't lubricate your engine.

If QSUD has been working good for you, I'd stick with that. Use whatever you have in your stash.

Here's a thought: Take a walk on the wild side and try the PYB! Then you will have first hand "proof" of which is better!
smile.gif

Seriously, I agree with 69GTX

Last edited:
Those are the two I mix at a 1:4 (QSUD to PYB) ratio on my lower mileage vehicles.
On my high mileage leakers I switch out the PYB for VMLNG. Can't say I really notice a difference in noise btwn the two but I'd put my money on PYB as well.

They're probably equal for cleaning ability. The Pennzoil conventional would do fine for 5K mile oil changes. I'd personally make my own synthetic blend. 50/50 Pennzoil conventional & QS Full Syn? Sounds good. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back