Push mower high octane

Use CHEVRON Techron Complete Fuel System Cleaner on occasion . Just used it in J.D. D130 that's 8 years old .

If it still contains ethanol (5%) then it really doesn't matter. The ethanol will causes issues long before octane degradation.
I have a 20 year old husky weed wacker , 18 year old generator Generator power 19 year old Back pack blower and power washer. an 10 year old Honda mower another 7 year old weed wacker and only use pump what ever alcohol % it has. I never use stabilizes and at the end of the season I fill the tanks and that is it until it is time to fire them up in march or April.

How come some people like wpod dont get gummed up carb issues?
The vast majority of people don't have these issues. Of the small percentage that do have problems, many of them post their issues online. So when you read about it, it seems like this stuff happens much more frequently.

I can think of one occasion in 50 years that I might be able to attribute to a gummed carb. It just doesn't happen that often. YMMV.

For what reason?

Tell us what a higher octane rating does for your lawnmower.
I belong to FB page for a certain brand of mowers . One of the guys said he uses high octane gas because his mowers start faster , develop more power and run cooler . People like that are too far gone to try and convince them otherwise . :geek:

Back