Purolator PureOne Failure! 11k Miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use WIX on the Jeep GC with 3.6. Nice premium filter and I stock up on them from RockAuto.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted by PowerSurge
^^^^haha on the filter in a bag. I once went to Walmart to buy a filter years ago. I opened the box before I checked out and someone had placed a SuperTech filter in the mobil1 filter box. Obviously they put the Mobil1 filter in the SuperTech box and paid the SuperTech price.

Walmart policy has changed around here. For the past 2-3 years, the cashier always opens the filter box, to match the outer name & number with the inner name & number. So repackaging the cheap filter with an expensive one, doesn't fly anymore here.

Better off to use a quality filter, than to get back under the vehicle to change the filter at the halfway point of the OCI.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
^^^^haha on the filter in a bag. I once went to Walmart to buy a filter years ago. I opened the box before I checked out and someone had placed a SuperTech filter in the mobil1 filter box. Obviously they put the Mobil1 filter in the SuperTech box and paid the SuperTech price.

Walmart policy has changed around here. For the past 2-3 years, the cashier always opens the filter box, to match the outer name & number with the inner name & number. So repackaging the cheap filter with an expensive one, doesn't fly anymore here.

Better off to use a quality filter, than to get back under the vehicle to change the filter at the halfway point of the OCI.

How exactly does that work when more and more checkouts are of the DIY variety?

at my local walmart they have stepped up their security cameras, mounting several more in oil/filter area and also mounting small cameras directly in the center of aisles at head height by headlights etc.

so I imagine they are trying to catch people swapping filters before even making it to the checkouts.

I'm sure they viewed some footage of me opening boxes and looking at the filters, I always visually check the filter before I buy it for other reasons, I just give it a quick look to look for any defect, missing o-ring etc before i put it in my cart.

Last edited:
It's a Purolator PureOne not a Purolator ONE. They are not rated up to 10k. Old school purolator rated to 5k or so. They should of went with a different name when the ONE and Boss came out.

Last edited:
Yes they are different products, different designs. The purolator ONE is for 10k, the PureOne is for less and is their old design filter

https://www.amazon.com.au/Purolator-PL10241-PureONE-Oil-Filter/dp/B000E8P77O

https://www.amazon.com.au/Purolator...ction/dp/B01EX73DI6/ref=dp_ob_title_auto

Originally Posted by OldCowboy
I contacted Pure about this a while back. Their response was that the Pure One is not a long distance filter and should not be used more than 4-5000 miles before it is replaced.

The other filters the OP mentioned are all good for extended drain intervals.

Last edited:

Attendant at those stations are alerted when the filter is scanned. Heck, my DIY yesterday at Walmart stopped suddenly when I scanned Lithium Grease Spray. Attendant came over and said there's a limit on purchases, for it contains a product that impairs health and purchaser must be over 18 years-old to purchase it.
I didn't get specific for a more detailed reason then, for I was in a hurry to leave.

Try buying a filter in DIY scanner and see if the scanner stops until an attendant approaches. It could be just this area..... perhaps a rash of scam filter purchases.

Last edited:
What more do you want at 11k miles? Probably should have been changed at 7500.

Last edited:
I just went to WM yesterday and did self checkout. An oil filter was in the mix, no stopping anything scanner doesn't care what it is, no attendant comes over, no box checking, nothing.

Attendant at those stations are alerted when the filter is scanned. Heck, my DIY yesterday at Walmart stopped suddenly when I scanned Lithium Grease Spray. Attendant came over and said there's a limit on purchases, for it contains a product that impairs health and purchaser must be over 18 years-old to purchase it.
I didn't get specific for a more detailed reason then, for I was in a hurry to leave.

Try buying a filter in DIY scanner and see if the scanner stops until an attendant approaches. It could be just this area..... perhaps a rash of scam filter purchases.

Guessing it depends on the area.

I buy filters all the time at my local WM with no issues at the self checkout.

I only have to have them come assist/approve the sale when I buy a certain chemical like fuel additive etc.

3.6 Pentastar I have done about 12 oil changes or so on my wife's Jeep, always use Napa Gold or Fram Tough Guard, OCI interval about 7.5k. Never a problem with them.

Mann quote 99.9% at 9um for their oil filters. Filter base adaptors are available.
The question has to be why oyu would use anything else? (excluding donaldson filters in commercial applications)

Mann quote 99.9% at 9um for their oil filters......
Have an authoritative link/source for that spec. Don't think I've ever seen a current standard ISO 4548-12 spec showing an OF that efficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back