ANOTHER PureOne Filter Tear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Just because other threads are posting the manufacturer code, my failed unit was

F08E14D1

Made on 8-14-2013.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Just because other threads are posting the manufacturer code, my failed unit was

F08E14D1

Made on 8-14-2013.

How were you able to find this out? Its also ironic this same date was mentioned on the 2 most recent Purolator failure threads..

If its true, there could still be "defective" filters on the shelf. Not too sure how long they wait between the factory, the store shelf, the customer and an engine block, but I wouldn't be surprised if its every bit of 6 months to a year. Assuming one buys the filter to use say the following weekend.. Not to just buy and add to the stash.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

F08E14D1

Made on 8-14-2013.

How were you able to find this out?

Example of how to decode Purolator date codes.

F08E14D1

Made on 8-14-2013.

How were you able to find this out?

Example of how to decode Purolator date codes.

Awesome. I have F03E25G2 on a Bosch.. Assuming they are made by Purolator, it was made March 25, 2013? Interesting to see if this will tear or not.

Awesome. I have F03E25G2 on a Bosch.. Assuming they are made by Purolator, it was made March 25, 2013? Interesting to see if this will tear or not.

Yep, you got it ... 3-25-2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back