New member and PureOne cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jk_636
16k and no tears. Go ahead, let the frampires pour forward singing songs of sorrow, lamenting the fact that purolators..really don't tear. It was all improper cutting technique, improper service interval and figments of imagination.

Good looking filter! Welcome to BITOG!

Really!? Nobody has ever claimed that every single one will tear. They do, however, seem to tear far more frequently than other filters. I'm sure some sizes are more prone to it than others, some engines are more likely to cause it than others, and a good part of it just comes down to luck too.

I see no reason for the op to change filter brands. This one is doing great. It will be interesting to see the new line p1 filters and how well they do.

16k and no tears. Go ahead, let the frampires pour forward singing songs of sorrow, lamenting the fact that purolators..really don't tear. It was all improper cutting technique, improper service interval and figments of imagination.

Lol.

(I'm laughing cause you're serious.)

Originally Posted By: Xrs2zz
jk_636 said:

Good looking filter!

Lol.

He should have included all the intentional sabatoges.

Put that filter on a v8 pulling a load, instead of a 1.3 liter hybrid, and tearolator here we come. My lawn mower won't tear a wide pleat Purolator either. How's that.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman

Lol.

its-a-conspiracy-conspracy-foil-hat-demotivational-poster-1259201750.jpg

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Lol.

its-a-conspiracy-conspracy-foil-hat-demotivational-poster-1259201750.jpg

Dude come up with something new. You've posted this same pic like 10 times I've seen lol. Is it a selfie?
grin.gif

^^^ LoL, only 3 times ... it's obviously the BITOG conspiracy leader on the air waves trying to convince the other tin foil hat guys that Purolators never tore. I see you joined in on the crusade ... you must be on the same radio frequency - all that tin foil must really pick up the recruiting broadcast session, LoL.
whistle.gif

^^^ LoL, only 3 times ... it's obviously the BITOG conspiracy leader on the air waves trying to convince the other tin foil hat guys that Purolators never tore. I see you joined in on the crusade ... you must be on the same radio frequency - all that tin foil must really pick up the recruiting broadcast session, LoL.
whistle.gif

I think u have an over active imagination.

^^^ Doesn't take much imagination to see there really are tin foil uses here.

^^^ Doesn't take much imagination to see there really are tin foil uses here.

Ahh zero, your just a barrel of laughs. It's amusing really.

This one looks ok, especially at 16K miles. Based on pic 3, like to see one more pleat of media. I'm curious about the pleat count on your PL14610. I've cut many of this PL application and have a reference for pleat count.

In any case, for your oci/fci, Ultra or other extended interval filter would be an appropriate choice.

Welcome and thanks for C&P.

jk_636 said:

Good looking filter!

Lol.

Thank you. I have been away from BITOG for a while. Still trying to get back in the swing of things....

...and the intentional sabotages of the Fram conglomerate that try and control the views and opinions of the masses on this website. But we won't fall for it. We all really know that filters made with metal end caps can't fail!!!!

Originally Posted By: sayjac
This one looks ok, especially at 16K miles. Based on pic 3, like to see one more pleat of media. I'm curious about the pleat count on your PL14610. I've cut many of this PL application and have a reference for pleat count.

In any case, for your oci/fci, Ultra or other extended interval filter would be an appropriate choice.

Welcome and thanks for C&P.

Thanks. I counted 51 pleats.

I have been away from BITOG for a while. Still trying to get back in the swing of things.

What swing is that? ... preaching the fairy tale that Purolators don't fail. LoL
grin.gif

... I have been away from BITOG for a while. Still trying to get back in the swing of things....

I have been away from BITOG for a while too jk, and as soon as I started reading some posts, it seemed like not even a day had gone by, lol. Anyway, it's good to see your posts and everyone else's on here.

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back