PureOne filter cut open

On friday I cut open a PureOne filter I can not remember the part# but it is the same as a Fram PH2/XG2. I am happy to report that it was in great shape with strait pleats and no tears. It was on a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 with the 4.7L. I was running Mobil1 AFE 0W-20. I had a little over 6,000 miles on the oil change. Sorry I didn't take any pictures but I was in a rush.

Chuckinator

Yeah there probably was but this was my second oil change on this truck I just got it in august so I made it a short oci. I would have done it sooner but I've been too busy

Originally Posted By: Chuckinator
I had a little over 6,000 miles on the oil change.
According to some here, you ran it twice as long as it's designed for. LOL ... laugh

Chuckinator

Yeah Ive always been a bit of a rebel. Sometimes I don't rotate my tires at the recommended mileage, and one time I skipped it all together.

That's a good run on the right Purolator for a 6,000 mile OCI. Some guys on here think you can go 15,000 miles on a Purolator Classic. Then they are surprised when they cut them open and they are worn out!!!

Originally Posted By: Chuckinator
Yeah Ive always been a bit of a rebel. Sometimes I don't rotate my tires at the recommended mileage, and one time I skipped it all together.
I was being sarcastic, as some think Classic and PureOnes are only good for 3K miles.