Taking suggestions: what oil filters do you want to see cut and posted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by NavyVet88
M1-209A and Fram XG3600 please

Well, I specifically ordered a XG 3600 filter and they sent me a fram tough Guard 3600. I'll cut the tough guard as dont want hassle of returning it

Maybe a Fleetgaurd LF 16035 ? I cut a MO-285 looked good. Very robust filter. Heavy base plate and can. Coil spring and metal end caps. Very thick cellulose element.

Any standard Pennzoil filter (in the yellow box), assuming it hasn't already been done. We use them at my shop and I've been wondering what's inside.

M1-209 and/or a Fram XG3600

Edit: forgot that I already posted on this topic... my apologies.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Well, I specifically ordered a XG 3600 filter and they sent me a fram tough Guard 3600. I'll cut the tough guard as dont want hassle of returning it

That'll work fine friend. Thank you and stay safe and healthy!

NavyVet88: Thank You friend
10.gif
34.gif
08.gif

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Adam I'm interested in that filter you have on the Camry.

Yeah, I am too. Getting used to sleeping in and keeping a clean place. If it's as nice tomorrow as today is I'll change the filter and throw some HK 5W40 HDEO or m1 0w30 in sump

Originally Posted by OLEJOE
Maybe a Fleetgaurd LF 16035 ? I cut a MO-285 looked good. Very robust filter. Heavy base plate and can. Coil spring and metal end caps. Very thick cellulose element.

The LF16035 is actually a Stratapore, full synthetic wire backed element, media looks like an Ultra, can is stronger than an Ultra. I've used them on my Cummins (before the Venturi ones), they can handle a 10K OCI easily.

Originally Posted by 53' Stude
NavyVet88 said:

NavyVet-I did a virgin XG3600 in this section so car51/Adam wouldn't have to do another one. The Mobil 1 has synblend media, not quite on the level of the Ultra.

I have to change mine every 6 months so 10K would be a stretch. Especially with this virus going on. I use the XG10575 on my Silverado. I'll have a lf 16035 to cut here in about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back