Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: jk_636
I didn't say your mother wears army boots

crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Hold a parade, a untorn filter. Hurrah!

But if Mom's boots were made by Purolator they would look like this

Philippines-boots.jpg

Sorry could not help it. With all the bickering shoe-humor is needed.

Originally Posted By: tony1679

Zee - While I'm on your side, neither of these two are ever going to get it through their heads that what they say is not 100% correct. It's a lost cause. They're not going to change.
02.gif

Your Fram references, while probably justifiable, don't help.

Please don't take this the wrong way, like I said I'm on your side here, but they are clowns. You have to treat them like one.

It's all in good fun in the name of debating. They can come up with all kinds of crazy theories and tin foil hat claims, but it's really not going to change anybodies minds about what is reality, and can easily been seen and logically concluded by the readers. The more they pour it on, the more attention they get from all members (like your input) ... that's just the nature of being on a chat board.
grin.gif

I swear this site is being ran by "the competition" more and more each day.

If you're a Purofanboy, and everyone else is the "competition", then you must have way more at stake for the brand name of Purolator then just some "Joe user" who likes a product that fails. If you love Purolators even though they might fail, then keep on using them and don't try to convince everyone that they are the "bee's knees" of all filters on the market ... because right now they clearly are not at least here.

Giving factual accounts and experiences about certain products (whether it be oil, filters, fuels etc). Is what this forum is designed for. You dismiss this as arrogance, but arrogance is when confidence meets experience. If someone does not like my ideas, feel free to attempt to refute them. I will reserve the same aforementioned right.

That's what the tearing filter spread sheet is about ... as close to factual recording of the events as experienced by members here as you can get. And yes, it's obvious people do feel free to refute ideas that they don't agree with. That's what a chat board is all about ... not about expecting everyone to agree. People will read all the info and inputs and make a logical decision who's right, wrong or indifferent.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: FutureDoc
Hold a parade, a untorn filter. Hurrah!

But if Mom's boots were made by Purolator they would look like this

Philippines-boots.jpg

Sorry could not help it. With all the bickering shoe-humor is needed.

Dude! ...
crackmeup2.gif

Still waiting for someone to create the spreadsheet of non torn Puro filters of the same time period of manufacture. Maybe they are still trying to find a few that didnt tear
smile.gif

^^^ The FRAMpires will put them in a trance, and they will realize their efforts are useless. LoL ...
grin.gif

vampires.jpg

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
tony1679, try not to be offended by my post, not everyone is a professional oil filter opener, leave that to the manufacturer.

I'm not offended. I just have issues when you claim everyone is tearing them on their own. That's my problem, and my only problem with your previous statements.

^^^ +1. The chances that only guys cutting open Purolator filters and causing media tears is as ridiculous as saying there were only 57 bad Purolator filters in the world, and all 57 just happened to fall into the hands of BITOG members who cut open oil filters.
frown.gif

jk_636 - Congrats. ONE filter didn't tear. Hopefully this trend continues. But people will get (and already are) tired of your arrogance. I'll be cutting the last of my P1s that were just taken out of service soon. I'll be sure to post BOTH good and bad ones. I'm sure I'll hear from you soon.

I am not associated with captain Barkley in any way, nor do I share his opinion on the improper cutting of filters.

When a filter tears on here 700 posts on why they are terrible and that is considered socially acceptable. When a filter doesn't tear, I engage in friendly discourse and congratulate the OP on cutting and posting a good filter. But somehow I'm the jerk eh? I swear this site is being ran by "the competition" more and more each day.

Giving factual accounts and experiences about certain products (whether it be oil, filters, fuels etc). Is what this forum is designed for. You dismiss this as arrogance, but arrogance is when confidence meets experience. If someone does not like my ideas, feel free to attempt to refute them. I will reserve the same aforementioned right.

Your post could not be more hypocritical. Your krony insists on juvenile discussion win hollow talking points. If yoi were looking for annoying, you found it.

So perhaps you should find someone else to call a clown, because as of now your justification is hinged upon disagreement with your associate, and tha is as entertaining as it is sad.

I didn't say your mother wears army boots, I said this was a good looking filter. Now let's get back on topic.
Ok, first of all, nobody called you a jerk. Don't put words in my mouth. Second, if you truly do not share barkey's opinion, I do apologize. I guess I didn't read the first post on page 3 as sarcasm. Third, yes I do dismiss it as arrogance. Just like you dismiss actual tears as "non-factual" because you have never seen them personally. That is my justification. It is based on cold hard fact. What's sad is that you can't seem to grasp the fact that there was/is a tearing issue, no matter how minor/major. Learn what a hypocrit is before calling somebody one. And do us all a favor and learn what a "fact" is.

I'm done arguing with you at this point, this thread has turned into all the others you are involved in.

tony1679, try not to be offended by my post, not everyone is a professional oil filter opener, leave that to the manufacturer.

I'm not offended. I just have issues when you claim everyone is tearing them on their own. That's my problem, and my only problem with your previous statements.
One more thing, where does one acquire the proper credentials or certification to become a professional oil filter opener? I'm very curious...

jk_636 - Congrats. ONE filter didn't tear. Hopefully this trend continues. But people will get (and already are) tired of your arrogance. I'll be cutting the last of my P1s that were just taken out of service soon. I'll be sure to post BOTH good and bad ones. I'm sure I'll hear from you soon.

I am not associated with captain Barkley in any way, nor do I share his opinion on the improper cutting of filters.

When a filter tears on here 700 posts on why they are terrible and that is considered socially acceptable. When a filter doesn't tear, I engage in friendly discourse and congratulate the OP on cutting and posting a good filter. But somehow I'm the jerk eh? I swear this site is being ran by "the competition" more and more each day.

Your post could not be more hypocritical. Your krony insists on juvenile discussion win hollow talking points. If yoi were looking for annoying, you found it.

So perhaps you should find someone else to call a clown, because as of now your justification is hinged upon disagreement with your associate, and tha is as entertaining as it is sad.

I didn't say your mother wears army boots, I said this was a good looking filter. Now let's get back on topic.
Ok, first of all, nobody called you a jerk. Don't put words in my mouth. Second, if you truly do not share barkey's opinion, I do apologize. I guess I didn't read the first post on page 3 as sarcasm. Third, yes I do dismiss it as arrogance. Just like you dismiss actual tears as "non-factual" because you have never seen them personally. That is my justification. It is based on cold hard fact. What's sad is that you can't seem to grasp the fact that there was/is a tearing issue, no matter how minor/major. Learn what a hypocrit is before calling somebody one. And do us all a favor and learn what a "fact" is.

I'm done arguing with you at this point, this thread has turned into all the others you are involved in.

I cant help but think of eric cartman while reading this post saying, "screw you guys, Ima going home!"
crackmeup2.gif

Maybe while I'm at it I could "respect your authorita!"
grin.gif

Oh good times...

One more thing, where does one acquire the proper credentials or certification to become a professional oil filter opener? I'm very curious...

ctpbarkey's skool 'o' can openin'!

I cant help but think of eric cartman while reading this post saying, "screw you guys, Ima going home!"
crackmeup2.gif

grin.gif

Oh good times...
...And I'm the annoying hypocrit with juvenile discussions?

Obviously you couldn't think of something smart to say, so you chose to be funny (not really) instead. Yep, I'm out. Get him Zee...

there is the crux of the matter. you cant.

crackmeup2.gif

grin.gif

Oh good times...
...And I'm the annoying hypocrit with juvenile discussions?

Obviously you couldn't think of something smart to say, so you chose to be funny (not really) instead. Yep, I'm out. Get him Zee...

I thought you were out? If you wanted an actual remark I could have provided one. Now you come back just long enough to tip the chess board and leave? Dirty pool mister!

Now your leaving again? Ok, I'll just continue this thread with zee, as he is apparently your proxy when you are in abscensure, or perhaps your supervisor at the Fram corporation
confused.gif

Last edited:
Sorry OP, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Good looking filter, I look forward to seeing the next one!

I don't believe the OP will think that you have hijacked this thread ... you're just contributing to these threads on BITOG with your ideas/opinions/facts/advice/etc., which you have the right to do like everyone else on here. I have seen this referred to as "chiming in" ... well, you have the right to do that just the same as anyone else, and there are plenty on here who do their fair share of "chiming in" (some more than others). So, there shouldn't be any complaints from anyone.

By the way OP, thank you for the effort you made in posting these pics.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Sorry OP, I'm not trying to hijack your thread. Good looking filter, I look forward to seeing the next one!

I don't believe the OP will think that you have hijacked this thread ... you're just contributing to these threads on BITOG with your ideas/opinions/facts/advice/etc., which you have the right to do like everyone else on here. I have seen this referred to as "chiming in" ... well, you have the right to do that just the same as anyone else, and there are plenty on here who do their fair share of "chiming in" (some more than others). So, there shouldn't be any complaints from anyone.

By the way OP, thank you for the effort you made in posting these pics.

X2. Thanks tony!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back