Purolator Boss ADBV Damage Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Same concern should be heeded with nearly closed up louvers in center tubes. If the center tube flow is nearly choked completely off the filter should go into bypass, but some of the bypass valves in filters may not enable a large enough flow to totally protect an engine.

That's why I won't buy an oil filter with louvers in the center tube. I saw that one picture somebody posted showing the louvers barely punched open -- almost closed. Meanwhile, Fram is staying old school and using holes. It's hard to screw up a hole. It's either there or it's not.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I got news for you DuckRyder -- if you post a picture on the internet, it's not yours anymore !
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
If a photo is not copyrighted, then it’s fair game as said earlier. ...

Photos are copyrighted when they are created by the photographer automatically.

Just because they are on the internet does not mean they are fair game.

I guess I will have to watermark any photos that I decide post here in the future, even though it isn’t necessary to maintain a copyright and most places I post them have respect for others work.

My real issue here is that the OP of this thread is trying to use them to create a hit piece without any real discussion or understanding. Several of the photos that he reposted of mine are not even BOSS filters even though he specifically calls out the BOSS in the thread title. I also do not think the issue is exclusive to BOSS filters.

Using photographs of a tapping plate that is well known to be incapable of cutting a ADBV to illustrate how a tapping plate cuts an ADBV is, frankly - ignorant.

All of that said - the issue of certain model numbers cutting ADBV is fairly well documented and I’d welcome a discussion of which models it applies to and including photographs of the offending tapping plates and ADBV for illustrative purposes.

^^^^^Well stated imo and unlike much of the original and follow up posts, accurate.

As accurately noted early on by member 'goodtimes' and later 'DuckRyder' this thread has cross posting of baseplates/tapping plates pics with unrelated adbvs and clearly designed as DR notes to "create a hit piece".

As for the queried interest in offending baseplates/tapping plates, I know I have covered that topic several times in comments both on others and my own posts of Puro made filters. As also correctly noted the 14610 (and 14612) series filters are not prone to adbv indentions or cuts posted in this thread because the central portion of the adbv doesn't receive direct pressure from the leaf compression spring on the inlet holes themselves. That said, obviously that information not the intent/purpose of this thread.

Lastly, the 'out of context' use of pics in this thread and purpose behind it has lead me to consider for future posting of pics 'not' using the in house picture hosting. Contrary to what has been stated here by some, one can control pics used on this site by using an outside picture host. Delete or change the pic at the host and the pic is gone from the site. It's very unfortunate that one would have to make such a consideration when posting pics, but based on this thread it seems it may be necessary.

If DuckRyder is upset about his his photos being reposted, then he simply has to hit the "Notify" button on the first post and explain his concern and ask that this whole thread be deleted, or all his photos be removed.

As far as Purolator made filters cutting ADBVs, it does happen. Big pain when someone needs to keep a database of which ones might have problems vs not.

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
Photos are copyrighted when they are created by the photographer automatically.

Just because they are on the internet does not mean they are fair game.

I will ask a moderator to remove them, but you got to tell me which photos are yours. I literally don't know which ones are yours.

DuckRyder, I've got it all figured out. All your photos have RangerXLT in the links. I've already reported the original post to a moderator and have asked that those photos be removed.

This whole thread is just food for the Purolator haters. Like throwing bloody fish to the sharks.

Anyone who visits here often enough knows about these issues and it is up to them whether to heed the warning or buy.

Like Pavlov’s dogs, ring the Purolator bell and here they come.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
This whole thread is just food for the Purolator haters. Like throwing bloody fish to the sharks.

I think there are 5 different "food dishes" to choose from. Quite the banquet.

Amazing there are still cry baby Tearolator and Ripolator fan boys on this site. Great thread showing examples of the trash this company has been producing over the years. Enough excuses.

OK, I see there are quality control issues. Has anyone tried to narrow things down? Are the problems with Purolator oil filters coming from a specific plant? Or, are these problems tied to all of their manufacturing facilities? Do the problems spill over to other brands like Motorcraft, Bosch, etc? Is Mann-Hummel working to get a handle on this stuff? With the Mann-Hummel purchase of WIX, will the Purolator problems affect them as well?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Amazing there are still cry baby Tearolator and Ripolator fan boys on this site. Great thread showing examples of the trash this company has been producing over the years. Enough excuses.

To whom are you referring to? I don’t use Purolator neither do I use Fram. I use Denso exclusively.

You need more of that sellout Stumptown coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back