purolator 10241 line up efficency

I can state this for a FACT, it wouldn't be the first time bogus information has come out of a Purolator CS source under M&H. At one time they were known as the Purolator Response Office (PRO). Yet, they didn't understand what their own filter warranty said, how it worked. They also put out some gibberish about only using synthetic oil with a synthetic media filter. They thought the Bosch Distance Plus OF specifically, could only be run 3k miles and be covered by the filter warranty. Wrong answer. Apparently the "Distance Plus" name wasn't any kind of clue. Clearly for them, the PRO acronym, an oxymoron in the truest sense of the word.

That said, I have no idea if the Boss efficiency given is correct or not. Don't care. If the data point given bothers someone, don't use it. Simple. I would say, having some experience with the polyester mesh backing used on the Boss and now XP/Platinum, it is very tough/durable.

As for the topic, I'd say if one's top priority is OF rated efficiency to the exclusion of anything and everything else, then choose a filter that publishes it the way that you want and go with it. Otherwise, hand wringing after the fact pointless imo.

Lastly, as it's their vehicle, I believe folks should use the filter(s) of their choice. It's what I do.

Last edited:
Boss is like an extended/multi OCI filter with OEM efficiency ratings. Not bad but could be better I reckon.

So I asked them again to clarify and they admitted they provided the wrong stat to me for the pl10241. It is actually 99% at 25 microns, not 21. Which would lend me to believe they are starting to consolidate some of the Purolator and wix medias into the same but that's for another thread.

1640104914244.jpg

I said, “I explained your question already in my other post. ” You didn’t ask a question. Then the one it was directed at went on to something long, I didn’t even read it, just saw a couple words.
So, no wasn’t responding to you.
They could have made a mistake with the 46, which is earlier why I politely suggested contacting them to verify.
The 46 ended up being correct after asking them to verify.

Back