Puro classic opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
macbps.jpg

s4tp8o.jpg

I caught a section of the end cap with snips but still no tears
It's was ran for all short trips for 10months in a 2002 windstar

Until I have one tear I will continue to use puro. This is the 12th puro made filter I've used and cut. All have been fine I've used them 5k to 7500k.
This one easily looks the worst out of all of them but its fine me especially for the sorta use it saw.
Oil was 5w30 Smitty's dino.

^ would u like to comment on the fine filter I posted? Or is crazyoildude not the only one with a hole fetish?

^^^ The pleats look kind of ugly, like the Fram orange can. But hey, it did it's job.

BTW, it's an old filter made on Mar 30, 2012 ... before they had tearing problems.

Well generally its tough for a tall filter to look as perfect as a shorter stubby one. The Wix PSD just did a cut and post of did look really good. But a Purolator classic is a baseline filter similar to a Fram orange can. IF a Purolator Synthetic oil filter were to look like this than it would be more of a disappointment. So for a basic filter this classic looks similar to a Fram orange can offering.

It did its job, but is nothing to brag about. Nothing really to see here since it was made before the tearing happened.

What is the mileage?

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ The pleats look kind of ugly, like the Fram orange can. But hey, it did it's job.

BTW, it's an old filter made on Mar 30, 2012 ... before they had tearing problems.

Good point.

Mileage is 5k. The oil cap had that white gue build all on the under side. So there was quite a bit of moisture in there.
Anyway I've used and cut several puro made filters now. Puro classic and p1 as well as motorcraft and Mann. All have been good. I truly doubt they were all pre 2014 or when ever it was that the circus came to town.

Yeah, that Wix did look real fine. As is usually the case.of course that one was wire backed with synthetic media so it should look good. This classic was three dollars well spent I think.

This proves the Classic doesn't tear and use with confidence. Stock up on them while they are still sold, Purolator will send thanks.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
This proves the Classic doesn't tear and use with confidence. Stock up on them while they are still sold, Purolator will send thanks.
Not sure I'd go that far-maybe we need a sarcasm font? Good news is AAP has TONS of them now, if you like them.

Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Not sure I'd go that far-maybe we need a sarcasm font? Good news is AAP has TONS of them now, if you like them.

My sarcasm was pretty plain I thought. Have to try harder next time. This is a discontinued filter that is probably the worst offender at failing. Putting an untorn one up doesn't eliminate the torn ones, but that is the intended message. The logic of that kind of thinking doesn't make sense. Maybe that's why he is successful at getting responses, and maybe that is the real purpose, to get responses, because it is so ridiculous actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back