Purolator Boss PBL22500, One PL22500, Classic L22500 Specification Sheet's

Happy to hear you can see the data first hand & draw your own conclusion. The other fanboi's will personally attack our dissent all the time It's pathetic.
And I for one understand why you have this as your last resort.

And why you drag out “pathetic” along with “hate” and now “fanboi”.

After reading this thread, I asked Purolator for the specification sheets on a couple of 14610 filters I was interested in as well. Got em within a day. I find that impressive. While the filters were different than those posted earlier, the data was almost identical. Sooo .... I sent an email to Fram asking for the same info on a couple of their 7317 filters I'm interested in as well.

All I got in response was: "The efficiency numbers for these filters are not much different, the TG is 99% @ 20 microns and the FE is listed at 99%+ meaning it is fractionally higher than 99%, but we do not have the exact spec listed. " Compared to Purolator's forthrightness, I do not find Fram's response impressive. :(
Regardless, Frams are more efficient across similar filter lines regardless if you get a Spec Sheet from Fram.

That’s dam right
Don't be misled... That is not true across the board... Here's one that is 99%@17um for example. Below shows just one example of a Purolator that IS more efficient than Fram's claims.
IMG_9722.jpeg

Last edited:
Don't be misled... That is not true across the board... Here's one that is 99%@17um for example. Below shows just one example of a Purolator that IS more efficient than Fram's claims.
View attachment 199902
Bet you can't find 1 or 2 more that are that efficient. 😄 Why doesn't Purolator use that model as their efficiency reference model on their website? :unsure: Instead, they reference the PL30001 which the data sheet shows to be 99% @ 25u, yet Purolator says the PL30001 is 99% @ 20u on their website reference. Those don't even match ... sloppy advertising specs.

1705997470718.png

1705997430034.png

1705997500849.jpeg

Last edited:
Back