Puro classic opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: rslifkin
The only reason I'd consider the slits worrying is if we start seeing filters that use them where they aren't punched open as far (which would reduce total flow area).

+1 ... if anyone buys filters with the louvered center tube, best to inspect the slit openings before buying to ensure they are opened up pretty good.

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I dont know if the new line up tears and i dont care i will not be buying them just a look inside at those very very small slits on the center tube tells me they look restrictive.. Picture a 10w30 when its 5 below out...Sorry not for me.

Looks restrictive and is restrictive are 2 different things... I'm pretty sure someone on here measured the slits and determined that the total open area was not only larger than the openings on the filter base plate, but larger than the old holes in the center tube.

The only reason I'd consider the slits worrying is if we start seeing filters that use them where they aren't punched open as far (which would reduce total flow area).

On the Hastings website info, they make a point of saying their louvers flow more, not less than, I assume their standard round hole type. I still like the punched out round hole as it should have less burrs, and there is a difference between punching out a hole and removing the plug and making a raised slit where the material is cut and stretched. But it seems many are going to louvers, it's probably fine either way. It may be easier to make louvers once the machines are set up, and no millions of little disks to clean up like on a hole puncher.

Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Originally Posted By: bullwinkle
Originally Posted By: Mrsandman
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Newsflash - a lot of guys here have had a bad experience with Purolators.

Yea sure, if u say so , zero.
That's number 12 for me.
I'll run a new shinny red one just for goodtimes since he thinks the classic is discontinued lol.
I personally haven't had one tear either-until I moved the pleats to check for carbon & junk in the pleats. They seriously have the weakest media I've ever seen in a filter-& Mann's attitude is the icing on top.

Translation, until you purposefully tore it lol.
Har, har! No, I really haven't had one tear on me yet, but I'm gradually moving away from using them. The Motorcraft tears actually bother me more, because for some Fords they were always a cheap, great filter. Not anymore.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Well, it looks like Mrsandman is on another vacation.

Anyone could see that coming ... no surprise. Probably permanent this time. Watch for troll reincarnation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back