Pureones efficiency@10um?5um?

When Fram put out the filtration efficiency figures comparing the new Ultra media versus the previous wire backed Ultra media they stated that the wire backed media was 70% @ 10 microns.

FWIW Royal Purple claims 80% @ 10 microns.

Yes, but they also got the composition of the filter wrong in that e-mail so I'm somewhat skeptical of what was presented in that exchange.

We never saw a date code for the Purolator Boss and it was around the transition time. I'm happy to use an Ultra but nothing can be confirmed from the current Boss.

We never saw a date code for the Purolator Boss and it was around the transition time. I'm happy to use an Ultra but nothing can be confirmed from the current Boss.
So when was this "transition" dine with the Boss, and what were the changes made to it and how did that effect the before and after transition efficiency of the Boss? And where does that transition info come from?

I was just on nap as website..for my Buick its a 1040 filter.now I do know,the efficiency used to be, 95%@20um...but now its mann+hummel....99%@23um.so its been changed. The wix made filter for Napa gold was 95%@20um.
How about the goods 5um,10um efficiency?

I don’t think that’s published anywhere so it’s anybody’s. To be frank, I don’t think it matters at all either. Amsoil used to show a graph that had a popular Toyota/denso filter listed with one of the worst efficiency numbers in the lineup, yet Toyota still has some of the longest lasting cars on the road. The million mile tundra only saw oem filters.

So when was this "transition" dine with the Boss, and what were the changes made to it and how did that effect the before and after transition efficiency of the Boss? And where does that transition info come from?
Original Purolator Boss was 99% at 40 microns. New Boss is 99% at 25 microns. Its on the Purolator site and there are heaps of threads on here for the original efficiency rating. The new design came in around 2018-2019.

Original Purolator Boss was 99% at 40 microns. New Boss is 99% at 25 microns. Its on the Purolator site and there are heaps of threads on here for the original efficiency rating. The new design came in around 2018-2019.
Pretty sure that efficiency is only citing a larger 30001.

When Fram put out the filtration efficiency figures comparing the new Ultra media versus the previous wire backed Ultra media they stated that the wire backed media was 70% @ 10 microns.

Hard to believe when recent independent testing showed 99.8% efficiency at 15 microns, I really don't believe fram when they are referring to the old ultra specs, I feel like they are simply downgrading them from reality to make the new ultra look better.

Hard to believe when recent independent testing showed 99.8% efficiency at 15 microns, I really don't believe fram when they are referring to the old ultra specs, I feel like they are simply downgrading them from reality to make the new ultra look better.
I should note that I'm not necessarily bashing fram as I use their filters on everything I own and have like 60 or 62 on the shelf currently but sometimes getting the truth out of any filter company is like getting the truth out of a politician 🤣🤣🤣.

I seen accents filter tests.way awesome and outstanding! I hat he did!
It would seem for sure,gram ultra is the best smallest particle capturing filter,rather captures most damage done by 10-20 micron size particles.
Then royal purple.then AC Delco gold filters.
Where would the pure one fit in between hose? And a Napa gold!?

It would seem for sure,gram ultra is the best smallest particle capturing filter,rather captures most damage done by 10-20 micron size particles.
Only a test on those in the same size application could tell you that. Obviously, the NAPA Gold will not be as good as the others because it's not as good at 20u as the others.

Wix/Napa Gold is rated at 99% @ 23 microns despite unproven claims that some have made. They are an industry leader in reliable cellulose based blended media.

Wix/Napa Gold is rated at 99% @ 23 microns despite unproven claims that some have made. They are an industry leader in reliable cellulose based blended media.
What unproven claims? 99% @ 23u would essentially equate to 95% @ 20u, which is what WIX shows on most of their standard oil filters (beta ratio data) on their website. WIX has shown that beta ratio for a very long time on their standard filters.

What unproven claims? 99% @ 23u would essentially equate to 95% @ 20u, which is what WIX shows on most of their standard oil filters (beta ratio data) on their website. WIX has shown that beta ratio for a very long time on their standard filters.
Wix is also 60% at 10u for most of their standard filters, expect for the one I wanted to use 🤣🤣

Wix is also 60% at 10u for most of their standard filters, expect for the one I wanted to use 🤣🤣
Which is most likely around 50% @ 6u, as most WIX show that also have a beta of 95% @ 20u.

WIX 51356

1644452128357.jpg

Which WIX filter number are you referring to ?
I'm referring to the 60% @10 microns and how it would be hard for it to be 50% @5 microns being we're referring to a 50% reduction in particle size. That being said I would expect it to be able to catch between 55% and 64% of what it caught at the 10 microns level, at the 5 micron level. That being said I'm no expert and I'm not trying to sound like one I just really like oil filters 🤣🤣🤣.

I'm referring to the 60% @10 microns and how it would be hard for it to be 50% @5 microns being we're referring to a 50% reduction in particle size. That being said I would expect it to be able to catch between 55% and 64% of what it caught at the 10 microns level, at the 5 micron level. That being said I'm no expert and I'm not trying to sound like one I just really like oil filters 🤣🤣🤣.
Like for the WIX 51365 I linked above, WIX beta info shows that it's 50% @ 6u. If you look at a lot of the WIX filters, the ones that have a beta of 95% @ 20u will also have a beta of ~50% @ 6u (like shown in post #35). It varies some by model, but most seem to track that way.

Like for the WIX 51365 I linked above, WIX beta info shows that it's 50% @ 6u. If you look at a lot of the WIX filters, the ones that have a beta of 95% @ 20u will also have a beta of ~50% @ 6u (like shown in post #35). It varies some by model, but most seem to track that way.
Sorry I read them wrong earlier been a busy night at work.

Back