Punta Cana all-inclusive in July

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Punta Cana in February 2016. Stayed at the Riu Palace Bavaro. Would not hesitate to go back again. We never ventured off the resort other than walking the beach which was incredible.

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
we are planning a trip there in Feb - co-worker has gone many times and says its excellent

My brother has also, said it was a blast...

Originally Posted By: CincyDavid
That's the same resort we're staying in.

You'll enjoy it a lot! We spent most of our days in or around the pool bar. If Francisco is still tending bar there, he's the man.

A woman of our acquaintance went last year and really enjoyed it.
Still, winter is the time to venture to warm places IMHO.
The weather throughout those areas that feel winter is just too good not to take advantage of during the summer while it's always nice to get out of Ohio and go someplace warm and sunny for a week or two in January or February when the short, cold, grey days just seem to drag on interminably.

Been there twice. First time was a Barcelo resort, it was pretty good, I'd rate it three and half stars. 2nd time was a Catalonia resort. Upon arrival it was dreadful, the rooms smelled moldy and dank, black mold in the bathroom. They had an adults only side 18 yrs old and up and offered it to us for only for an extra $100/person for the length of the stay (not per night). being four of us (two couples) we took it. The difference was absolutely night and day. The adult side was called Catalonia Royal Bavaro Beach, had it's own beach section and restaurants. The rooms were great, everything was spotless, service was excellent.

One thing about it, and maybe this was just Barcelo and Catalonia, but the all-inclusive pkg only included local brand beer & liquor as the included stuff. If you wanted an off-island brand name you needed to pay. Their beer on the island or at least the beer both resorts served that was covered inclusive was 'El Presidente". It wasn't bad, but I'm not a beer connisuer (I can never spell that). The island rum was a few different brand names Ron Barcelo was one, can't remember the others.

The one thing I remember most about the drinks is if you ask the beach guy to bring your next drink a little stronger, look out. Did that with a Long Island Ice Tea and the second one had some serious kick to it.

Here's the first thing you'll see there, Punta Cana Airport:

Here's another common sight, rainbow at the beach. Pop up tropical showers in the afternoon are not uncommon:

@CincyDavid, I don't think you'll have any concerns with the cleanliness of things at Riu Palace Bavaro. We were very impressed with the grounds, buildings, restaurants, and our room. The only complaint I had was with our shower head and they took care of it. Here's a picture from the balcony of our room. Enjoy your trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back