PU & PP Alternatives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought 2 jugs online yesterday and got free shipping. Checked online today out of curiosity and they sold out again!!! It seems this stuff sells out fast, they claim to have it in stock at my local Walmart but I know that's not always accurate. Plus I don't have to deal with crowds and waiting online.

This is my first time using synthetic oil, I must say I can feel the difference. I know some people say you can't tell the difference but I think with a DI motor you can. I used to feel bad when I drove the car hard on dino, always felt like I was causing damage to the engine. How well will PU stand up to harsh conditions?

Originally Posted By: Swift101
I bought 2 jugs online yesterday and got free shipping. Checked online today out of curiosity and they sold out again!!! It seems this stuff sells out fast, they claim to have it in stock at my local Walmart but I know that's not always accurate. Plus I don't have to deal with crowds and waiting online.

This is my first time using synthetic oil, I must say I can feel the difference. I know some people say you can't tell the difference but I think with a DI motor you can. I used to feel bad when I drove the car hard on dino, always felt like I was causing damage to the engine. How well will PU stand up to harsh conditions?

Online is smart. No fun to brave those hectic stores.

Try not to push too much before reaching operating temperature. Startup is where most wear happens.

You car was probably ok on dino, but you have the peace of mind now too. Like you, I think there are probably still some benefits to synthetic.

Originally Posted By: Ayrton
Originally Posted By: Swift101

Online is smart. No fun to brave those hectic stores.

Try not to push too much before reaching operating temperature. Startup is where most wear happens.

You car was probably ok on dino, but you have the peace of mind now too. Like you, I think there are probably still some benefits to synthetic.

I like to let it warm up for at least 1 minute before driving off. I then drive carefully (not exceeding 2800 RPM) for several minutes. Any other preventive measure I should take? I never open it up all the way or even 3/4 until I've been driving for 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back