Proper haircut tip?

You guys make me ashamed of myself! Been going to same barber for 15 years....he then charged $9 and I tipped a dollar. Now he charges $12 and I still a dollar. Gotta go one day this week; probably be a big spender and round it off to $15.

I just remembered a funny story about tipping.
My whole family went to a high end Asian restaurant. (pre covid) there was about 12 of us.
So between all the food and Sake the bill came to about $400.00.
My son and daughter paid for it.
They left the two servers $100 tip.
No one noticed that a large group like ours a mandatory 18 % tip was added to the bill already.
The two servers made out.
When we found out we all got a big laugh out of it.
And my kids can easily afford it.
But on the up side the service and food were excellent.
And the hot sake was even better.
I try to stay away from establishments that automatically add a tip to the bill. There is no incentive for the servers to do a good job. A tip amount should be based on the quality of the job performed.

Since the pandemic, i have found i can do a good job with my norelco mg7750 trimmer. I use the 16mm and 12mm guides. Might be close ......

This is exactly what I do. For the top, to keep it a little longer than the 16mm, I put on the 4mm guard, run my fingers through the top, and glide the cutter across my fingers. Then I use the 16 on the sides followed by the 12 and the 9. Each guard has a little less upward stroke and it blends pretty good. I started back in April when "lockdown" happened. I repeat this about every two weeks. The first attempt though... that was a disaster.

I try to stay away from establishments that automatically add a tip to the bill. There is no incentive for the servers to do a good job. A tip amount should be based on the quality of the job performed.

Good luck...

The vast majority of establishments add the 18% for large parties (8 or more) which is what happened in this instance with a dinner for 12.

Back