Proof manufacturer- different label + same battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No surprise here. This has been going on for decades. The automakers have been rebranding cars and engines for a long time. Mitsubishi made a ton of engines for Chrysler Plymouth Dodge.

Care care products are another big rebrand thing. One factory makes spray detailer and sticks many different labels on those bottles.

Ever notice how some things look just alike despite the brand? Even fast food comes from a handful of companies.

Originally Posted by PimTac
No surprise here. This has been going on for decades. The automakers have been rebranding cars and engines for a long time. Mitsubishi made a ton of engines for Chrysler Plymouth Dodge.

Care care products are another big rebrand thing. One factory makes spray detailer and sticks many different labels on those bottles.

Ever notice how some things look just alike despite the brand? Even fast food comes from a handful of companies.

I watched a show on vitamin production.
Guy at the plant said the vitamins they were producing were for a large chains private label and would sell for about $10.
Same product but with a big brand name label would sell for about $15.

Originally Posted by researcher
…..you bring up the point about value power brand at walmart. I did look for one of those in a 51r size, they don't have it! Nothing online, nothing in their computer at the store, only the maxx start (top of the line). And with the AAP discount I got it cheaper than my local walmart.
Nope, no VP in the 51R which is a small battery used in Hondas. However the Everstart Max 51R is $119.76, the equivalent AC Gold ($160) is $120 with the max 25% online discount. I'm not talking about Speed Perks which is something else entirely. So it's a wash with the 51R. However, the 51R is one of the higher priced Maxx batteries, many below ~$100. And they have 2 year extra proration compared to AC Gold.

Back to topic, as noted, especially in this case with AAP owning CQ, not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back