Price of yearly oil change

For some reason I wouldn't trust them, and I wonder if most quick lube places would even stock Dexos2 oil.
My 2018 doesn't require the Dexos2 0w40 though, so I wouldn't have a problem getting the required 5w30 Dexos1 oil. But since the beginning I have always used the Dexos2 5w30 ESP Formula M1 and will continue doing so for a long time.

I received an email from my BMW dealer advertising a 3 year oil change package for $199. To qualify the car has to be over 60 months old or have more than 60k miles on it. As long as the CBS system calls for an oil service is covered- so that’s a minimum of three changes. I’m definitely buying it for my wife’s X1; I might also buy it for my M235i since I’m not having much luck finding a car that I like better for anywhere near a reasonable price.

Well I just swung by wally-world to get a filter and some oil for my yearly service on my 2UZ-FE 4runner.
5qt jug of M1 high mileage extended performance, plus 2 extra qts, and a Fram Ultraguard 3600. Almost $60 for everything. Anyone know what the going rate for this same oil change at a lube shop is running nowadays? $100+?
Sounds like many folks would do 2x oci per year and you do 1, so at $30 equivalent that’s not terrible. Plus you’re using high quality oil and filters which is good. This last year has changed a lot of our driving habits so we all probably saved money on car maintenance, insurance, and gas. I usually do 2 ocis per year but only needed 1 last year. Probably going to be the same thing this year.

I quit doing my own oil & filter changes in 2009 due to Toyota's sucky cannister filter. Local shop does it for $45 + tax and that's 6.5 quarts of Chevron Supreme 5W30 synth blend. The oil might have 500 miles on it but I still have it changed annually, short trips and all that.

Yep, moved from Oakville to Guelph about 5 weeks ago

Went to U of G for my accounting undergrad, I enjoyed the town, people and environment there.

Also spent most of my summers in Oakville since my mom's side is from there. One uncle lives off Rebecca and Third Line, one lives off Upper Middle and Third Line and my aunt lives off Rebecca and Fourth Line. Great town, tons of "old" and new money there, expensive real estate and a good place to raise a family.

I hate they changed the name of Hopedale mall. . . Oh well. Why the move? Downsize? Family? Whatever the reason, hope you are enjoying the area now. Also, many more open roads to open the Vette up just a bit.

I figure about 16-18 bucks for a jug of synthetic oil and about 8 bucks for a filter. I like changing the oil myself so some kid doesn't tighten the drain plug like he is holding a bridge together. I also can put some oil in the filter and oil the gasket and tighten it a reasonable amount and avoid future headaches. I get 6 quarts with that Havoline box they sell at Wallyworld for 16.00 My truck's rear main seal leaks so I buy oil kind of regular for it. Oil is cheap. Many here like that Supertech oil stuff they sell at WM. It's dirt cheap if you like that brand. I really like Mobile 1 synthetic but it seems to cost a lot more than it used to. I guess I spend 150 bucks a year on oil.

Will be doing some OCIs this month. At 6 months and only 500 miles or so, my Challenger probably doesn't necessarily need it based on time, and certainly not on miles, but I'm going to do one this month regardless. I just purchased 100 qts. of Chevron full synthetic for $1.50 / qt. on clearance so there's no reason to not do a change.

Went to U of G for my accounting undergrad, I enjoyed the town, people and environment there.

Also spent most of my summers in Oakville since my mom's side is from there. One uncle lives off Rebecca and Third Line, one lives off Upper Middle and Third Line and my aunt lives off Rebecca and Fourth Line. Great town, tons of "old" and new money there, expensive real estate and a good place to raise a family.

I hate they changed the name of Hopedale mall. . . Oh well. Why the move? Downsize? Family? Whatever the reason, hope you are enjoying the area now. Also, many more open roads to open the Vette up just a bit.

I split up with my wife so all I could afford was a one bedroom condo in Guelph. But I've still got the Corvette and I have a great new girlfriend so life is good :) She lives in Milton, so I will be spending a lot of time in that area too :)

I split up with my wife so all I could afford was a one bedroom condo in Guelph. But I've still got the Corvette and I have a great new girlfriend so life is good :) She lives in Milton, so I will be spending a lot of time in that area too :)
Right on. It’s not what happens to you in life but how you deal with it. Your attitude determines your altitude!

Guelph is nice but it’s slowly becoming too popular because of housing prices anywhere half an hour from the DT core.

I can do an oil change in my Tundra for less than $28.

Kirkland oil and $5 Toyota OEM filter.

yes, it is $100 most places
Smart guy. Kirkland oil. Don't understand the people who think they need to buy expensive, nationally marketed boutique oils like Royal Purple and Amsoil when the spec for them is no different than the spec for Kirkland Oil and Wally World oil.

Most Car dealers near me have inexpensive oil change promotions to get you on the lift. Most are under 40 bucks +
"shop supplies" and "disposal/recycling fees". But I still do it myself - not super easy in the WInter, but If I don't get some exercise I will not be able to do anything. I just replaced a lug stud on my wife's car and did some brake repair, and I just did the first OC on the Ford. The Ford couldn't be easier. No undertray up front even though it has AWD. That OC cost under 30 bucks + my time.
Man, Motorcraft filters are cheap at walmart! Under 4 bucks for an FL-400S! - Ken

Will be doing some OCIs this month. At 6 months and only 500 miles or so, my Challenger probably doesn't necessarily need it based on time, and certainly not on miles, but I'm going to do one this month regardless. I just purchased 100 qts. of Chevron full synthetic for $1.50 / qt. on clearance so there's no reason to not do a change.
That doesn't get you anything. The dry starts will cause more wear than leaving NEW oil in there.
I would re-think what you are doing Just BC you have a huge stash doesn't mean you should be wasting the oil and possibly the engine.

"Oilchange-itis" is a big disease here. We are you support group :)

I spend around 38 bucks for the oil and filter. And of course, change it myself every 6 to 7 thousand miles.

I do changes generally seasonally 6-12 months, annually or biannually, or 3000 miles. I have so much oil, the expense is almost meaningless.

Based on the GOH thread with free Carquest and deeply clearanced M1, QS, Chevron, and Pennz oils, my average oil price is about $1 per qt for synthetics or blends. I may or may not change the filter, it depends on circumstances. A simple Mityvac or plug drain and fill, average 6 qts each, a $6 job for the oil. Add $5 for the filter, so $11 if I do oil and filter, on average.

Attachments

• Resized_20210801_205858.jpeg
    Resized_20210801_205858.jpeg
    489.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Resized_20210813_120721.jpeg
    Resized_20210813_120721.jpeg
    520.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Resized_20210813_114739.jpeg
    Resized_20210813_114739.jpeg
    431 KB · Views: 10
Less than $18 with 4 quarts of MOBIL1 Annual Protection ( SN+(?) ,GF-5 ) and a FRAM Ultra XG7317 oil filter .

I currently have about 25 jugs of oil (mostly Magnatec 5w30 + Pennzoil and Edge 0w20) that I got on sale for $1-2 per qt. About three changes per year in the Ody (ACDelco filter $3; total cost under $10/OC) and two changes per year in the Cad (ACDelco filter $7; total cost under $15/OC). Total for two cars is about $60/year.

Back