Price of cheap used cars in your neck of the woods.

I just don't subscribe to wasting a few thousand $$$ to buy a 'beater', a 'beater' is just an invitation to sink even more $$$ in trying to resuscitate a probable lost cause, just a huge money sink. One exception I'd make is IF you are a decent auto mechanic with tools or access to tools, nothing wrong with putting 'sweat equity' (your free labor) into resuscitating such a vehicle. But if you have to pay $150/hr for shop labor then don't waste your $$$ in the resuscitation efforts.

we have old 08 Mazda6 currently at 255K miles; it drives and feels like like car with lower miles; right now i'd ask $2500 and it would go in no time I am pretty sure

IMG_3265.jpeg

I saw a Chevy or dodge b van (full size van) for 2 grand in front of someone’s house I didn’t pay that close attention but was thinking not a bad deal if you can get a few months out of using it as a construction or roofing van for a small crew

Hopefully it's better then this.

@miden851 Your car is attractive, is all I'm saying. Excellent price point, in my opinion. I sometimes look at classified ads and I sometimes see listings your first thought is that is ridiculous ($11,000 for a low miles mint car, for example. 22 years old.. Is it worth it is entirely dependent upon who is looking, if they will pay it, then, yes it is) but as just mentioned.. you'd have your car sold by Saturday night so you can wake up early Sunday morning if you listed it as that.

Might even see it for sale a month later for $6k.

Back