PQIA analyzes six more oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the volatility affect? Currently using motorcraft synblend 10w30 sn/gf5 and after 2500km, the engine is rougher compared to the previous oil used. Drove the 2.0 elantra rather hard, 3200rpm 90mph more or less for about 2000km. Still gets me 32mpg though.

I think this motorcraft is more of a conventional than synthetic. Whats the oci for this synblend for ford vehicles?

At least Pro Force tells you its for pre-1988 vehicle’s and has an SF rating. (Back Label)

Motorcraft 5w/30 is the fill that will be used for most of Ford's EcoBoost engines. The conventional wisdom here is that turbocharged/direct injection engines benefit from oils with 1) low calcium levels and 2) low volatility. Motorcraft is neither of these. So, either Ford knows more than we do or Motorcraft is a poor choice for EcoBoost owners. Nothing like clarity...

Originally Posted By: Hondacity
What does the volatility affect? Currently using motorcraft synblend 10w30 sn/gf5 and after 2500km, the engine is rougher compared to the previous oil used. Drove the 2.0 elantra rather hard, 3200rpm 90mph more or less for about 2000km. Still gets me 32mpg though.

I think this motorcraft is more of a conventional than synthetic. Whats the oci for this synblend for ford vehicles?

The higher NOACK can lead to deposits, oil loss, or thickening if it's too high. 15% is not high though, this is a very tough test and most conventional fall right around the 15% limit with synthetics closer to 10% but with a large variance it's hard to generalize.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

The higher NOACK can lead to deposits, oil loss, or thickening if it's too high. 15% is not high though, this is a very tough test and most conventional fall right around the 15% limit with synthetics closer to 10% but with a large variance it's hard to generalize.

Ah good stuff. No oil analysis here so i guess only way to rule out the oil is change out to a new one hahahah.

Thanks for the educational info Memphis
wink.gif
. I appreciate your knowledge

Originally Posted By: car51
And thank you also Tom NJ
wink.gif

Yes Tom, thanks again as always.

Originally Posted By: Garak
I don't mind companies using an obsolete service category if it's a company I trust and the TBN isn't ridiculously low, along with zinc. Oh well. QSGB looks fine as ever.

QSGB does look great, as always.
smile.gif

I agree that the STP oil bottle and label looks really snazzy...and the add-pack looks just like Valvoline (1600ppm Ca and 400ppm Na).

Should be a good oil, shame we don't get it in Canada at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back