PP up to $23.50 while PU gone..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just went to Wally World today...PP now at $23.50/5QT same as M1..No 5 QT PU anywhere...asked the auto manager and she said no more 5 QT PU and the singles "only for the foreseable future"

I have stopped using platinum as of this price increase i was there today and the 5qt quaker state went up also...They did this before and lots of us saw the dust on the bottles and even a worker said the oil was not selling because of the price increase..
Conoco Phillips makes a great oil it it is Kendall and also motorcraft you can usually find deals on them
conoco is all we use in the shop and it is great oil

Originally Posted By: crazyoildude
I have stopped using platinum as of this price increase i was there today and the 5qt quaker state went up also...They did this before and lots of us saw the dust on the bottles and even a worker said the oil was not selling because of the price increase..
Conoco Phillips makes a great oil it it is Kendall and also motorcraft you can usually find deals on them
conoco is all we use in the shop and it is great oil

yes it is. the problem is it`s hard to get here by me. Do you know some where I can buy it online?

Last edited:
Honestly, if you won't be able to get Ultra at WM anymore, where else can you get it? I've seen it nowhere.

PP price going up is a shame too. Priced the same as M1, the average joe will just take the M1 more times than not.

I just want to have a full selection of oils at auto parts stores. However, I suppose there is simply not enough room.

Last edited:
Glad i picked up 2 5QT jugs of 5/20 with the $5 dollar off sale and picked up 1 of 0W30 M1 for 20 during rollback...I an set for 12-18 months

WalMart yesterday 5 qt jugs

Valvoline Synthetic $ 21.00

Just my feelings...Valvoline/PP/Ultra GRP III's have more in common than not.

Motorcraft Syn blend $ 14.00

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ayrton
Honestly, if you won't be able to get Ultra at WM anymore, where else can you get it? I've seen it nowhere.

PP price going up is a shame too. Priced the same as M1, the average joe will just take the M1 more times than not.

I just want to have a full selection of oils at auto parts stores. However, I suppose there is simply not enough room.

PepBoys. $30 for 5 quarts and a premium filter. better deal than wally world.

A couple days ago at WM I saw PP still at $20.50, M1 back down to $21 from $23.50, and SynPower was $21 if I remember right (down from $25).

But I've got 40 quarts of SynPower for $1.50/qt (assuming I get the rebates back) and 5 qts of QSUD for $8.50 (already got the rebate). I'm set for a long time for oil, but I'll need to get some filters when I find a deal.

To date, I've still been able to find 5qt jugs of PU at WalMart here in the Chicago area. I probably have enough to get me through the first quarter 2011. I've been seeing TV ads for Pennzoil Ultra lately. I gotta believe that their distribution will improve with their promotion of the product.

Just noticed here same as well. PP-$23.50, and PU - $25.00.

Next down was PYB at $12.00.

Do they really want to sell PP or PU, or play games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back