PP Euro LX 0W-30. VI 204.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This same, identical spec oil otherwise, in a FULL SAPS/high TBN not 'Euro'/3.5+ HTHSV version with more; calcium, boron, and magnesium would be IDEAL for my uses.
(Are you listening SOPUS engineers/marketing peeps??)

Especially if one did not have to jump through even MORE hoops than one does for a 'boutique oil' to procure it!

It probably uses mPao to boost the VI and HTHSV.

exxonmobil_synthetic_base_stocks.png

exxonmobil_mPAO.png

Apparently while Pennzoil has officially discontinued the Ultra Euro L 5W-30, the Platinum Euro LX 0W-30 is very hard to get through retail stores in the USA.

Has anybody have luck ordering this through usual auto stores, car/truck dealers?

^^^NOPE
mad.gif

I am driving almost a 75 mile round trip on Thursday to get a case or two of this from one of the ONLY distributors in my area who have it on their shelf.

NAPA has NEVER even heard of it, and AZ, AAP REFUSE to even TRY to order it.

When I spoke to SOPUS HQ yesterday, the person on the line was trying to tell me that the 6 quart pack cases were NOT even available yet, just the 6 GALLON 'Ecopacks', despite this distributor holding the case in his hands as he spoke to me today!!

That company better get their s*** together concerning availability and distribution of their products, but I guess that is asking too much given their past performance in this area.
We should NOT have to jump through hoops, and work HARDER THAN obtaining a rare as hen's teeth 'boutique' oil, to get their mass produced products.
31.gif
frown.gif

It isn't any easier to find it up here. To make matters worse, in western Canada, at least, the average SOPUS retailer is only allowed to carry Formula Shell and Rotella products. You must be a Pennzoil-Quaker State distributor to carry the entire North American Shell lineup.

Note my rant in this thread.

^^^^Yes, I can NEVER understand these companies which do NOT want to sell you their products!?!?

(ENEOS is another one, with their Sustina line, especially the 0W-20!
mad.gif
)

That's what is kind of funny. While I cannot get Sustina here, at least to my knowledge, I know of one place that sells both Eneos (regular) and PUP, being Napa Canada. Last time Napa Canada had PU (if they still do) it was $74 a jug. Eneos, at the same place, is less than half that.

Now, is this just me, or is that nuts?

Yup, pretty much all of the NAPAs here in the states either have the regular Eneos products on the shelf, or can order it for you.

NOT SO for the Sustina label from the SAME company.
mad.gif

I don't know if it is ENEOS distribution themselves who are to blame for this, or the marketing/purchasing people, or buyers for NAPA corporate.
21.gif

Good news for Canadians!
PP Euro LX 0W-30 is now available at Cdn Tire with a list price of $10.49($8.00 US)/qt.
They are also stocking PP Euro L 5W-30 and PP Euro 5W-40 all at the same price.

Are they all one litre bottles, or do they have other sizes available on some or all of these viscosities? NAPA Canada still has EcoBoxes on some of these options, and another of my suppliers can reportedly get me Pennzoil Euro A3/B4 5w-30, should I so desire it.

Soooo it's Shell Helix Ultra 0W-30, with a Pennzoil logo on it, not a problem though Helix Ultra is a fantastic oil, i understand all Ferraris come off the line with Helix Ultrain the sump in 5W-40 or 10W-60 form.

VOA here
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/4098460/Re:_Pennzoil_Platinum_Euro_LX_#Post4098460

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
Just in quart bottles from Cdn Tire as far as I know, although they are available in EcoBoxes (23 L?) from a Shell/Pennzoil oil distributor.

Both their 5w-30 Euro products have a long way to go yet to beat Delvac 1 LE 5w-30 on pricing - a long way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back