Power seat lubricant

Hanging out with the mice behind a fridge.😁
I am in the process of upgrading the seats in my 2000 Silverado 1500 from manual to power seats. The power frames I am using are out of a 2002 Tahoe that had 285,000 miles (that I unfortunately wreaked) so they are well used but have never given me any trouble. Before I install the upholstery from the truck seats I would like to lubricate the mechanism to help it work smoothly for years to come.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what to use?
I have White lightning dry conditions chain lube that I often use for applications where I don't want it collecting dirt and I have Mobile 1 red wheel bearing grease which has served me well for years on car window regulators and of course I would be happy to buy something special for it since it isn't likely to get lubed again for the next 10 years.
I figure it will require 4 different lubes. One for the sliding mechanisms, one for the gears, one for the cables, and one for the motors. I am not positive the motors will be able to be lubed but if they do I usually use SUPCO zoom spout oil.
Any thoughts?

Maybe something like Sil-glide?
Sil-Glide may or may not be good for this application. Just to clear up confusion, its been posted many times here: Sil-Glide is a castor oil lubricant with only a tiny trace of silicone in it.

Silicone grease might be a good option. I was wondering if Super Lube might also be good?

If it's good enough for Snap On ratchets...
I've never used it but I've seen it around I'll have to check if Walmart has some I can pick up this evening to see what I think of it. Ideally the less sticky the better because it's my work truck and there's bound to be dirt and lint blown around in there trying to stick to everything.

I've never used it but I've seen it around I'll have to check if Walmart has some I can pick up this evening to see what I think of it. Ideally the less sticky the better because it's my work truck and there's bound to be dirt and lint blown around in there trying to stick to everything.
Amazon is your friend. Except, of course, for NGK spark plugs...

There are cables. What would you use on them? I've turbine oil and White lightning dry conditions chain lube at various times.
The last seat cables I lubed were on my '63 Bonneville. I used speedo cable lube, keeping 3"-4" of the ends lube free. Speedo cable lube, simply because they looked like speedo cables. 🤷‍♂️

The last seat cables I lubed were on my '63 Bonneville. I used speedo cable lube, keeping 3"-4" of the ends lube free. Speedo cable lube, simply because they looked like speedo cables. 🤷‍♂️
Do you know offhand what kind of speedometer cable lubricant? Looking on Google I'm seeing some dorman speedometer cable lubricant they call graphite oil and I'm wondering if it would be comparable to Lock lubricant which is basically kerosene and graphite?

Do you know offhand what kind of speedometer cable lubricant? Looking on Google I'm seeing some dorman speedometer cable lubricant they call graphite oil and I'm wondering if it would be comparable to Lock lubricant which is basically kerosene and graphite?
It was so long ago, I had trouble finding speedo cable lube for the Legend (I got quite a few funny looks). The only place I found it was at an old skool auto supply place. They gave me a few ATP branded single use tubes.

s-l640.jpg

I recall seeing real runny speedo cable lubes back in the day. Runny like Liquid Wrench. This might be OK with power seat track cables but I never used it on actual speedo cables. I was (still am) paranoid of that stuff working it's way into the speedo head.

It was so long ago, I had trouble finding speedo cable lube for the Legend (I got quite a few funny looks). The only place I found it was at an old skool auto supply place. They gave me a few ATP branded single use tubes.

View attachment 135917
I recall seeing real runny speedo cable lubes back in the day. Runny like Liquid Wrench. This might be OK with power seat track cables but I never used it on actual speedo cables. I was (still am) paranoid of that stuff working it's way into the speedo head.
I wonder if that is some sort of light moly grease.

I can't picture this application? I'm thinking a worm gear? google seems to show pics like that. If it's a plastic follower, why not white lithium grease? Maybe not the best, but good enough?

Is the best way to lube a seat to remove it? I'm guessing yes, but for obvious reasons I'm not liking that idea... I have a seat that is making gobs of noise when moved. I'm guessing rust in the threads of a worm drive.

Back