Power seat lubricant

I can't picture this application? I'm thinking a worm gear? google seems to show pics like that. If it's a plastic follower, why not white lithium grease? Maybe not the best, but good enough?

Is the best way to lube a seat to remove it? I'm guessing yes, but for obvious reasons I'm not liking that idea... I have a seat that is making gobs of noise when moved. I'm guessing rust in the threads of a worm drive.
IMG_20230115_181522928.jpg
This is a 6 way power adjustable Chevy seat. I have all the foam and upholstery removed because I am getting them ready to put the new foam and upholstery on before I install them in my truck. It has several different mechanisms that need lubed, the cable for the lumbar support, the gear train for the lumbar support hand wheel, and of course all the slides and motors and gears for the seat adjustment. Oh and I can't forget about the seat belt workings.

I like Tri-Flow lubricant for a lot of applications. Grease's hold dirt. It's the only thing that lasts the longest on my Tahoe's power running boards.

I just picked up some super lube Grease because even if I don't use it on this I like the specs and I'll use it on something. I'm inclined to use it on the sliding mechanisms and the gears but I don't have time to finish the project right now so I don't have to make a decision yet.

Definitely a dry film lubricant.
Anything that stays wet or tacky is going to attract dirt and grime like crazy. Ultimately that gunked up adjustment screw will shorten the life of the mechanism.

Back