Pour cleaner into PCV hole to reduce baffle blockage? 1mzfe 2002 Sienna.

MrPlow

Not sure what that upgraded valve cover costs. I would probably just take the covers off and clean them when they are removed.
It's worth the upgrade. The older designs are inherently terrible. One of Toyota's more embarrassing engineering mistakes.

The old ones have the PCV baffle vent holes right over the rockers and gets sprayed with lots of oil. This causes excess oil consumption and also leads to plugged up vents over time. The new one puts the venting off to the side to prevent oil splashing, and is also designed to not clog with crud. It also uses a new screw-in PCV valve instead of the insanely stupid rubber grommet ones that are always an epic failure after thes harden.

Image courtesy of user Boypony at https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx...-another-oil-sucker-fixed-valve-cover-id.html

RX300VC3.jpg

Not sure what that upgraded valve cover costs. I would probably just take the covers off and clean them when they are removed.

That's what I would do.

If you use good oil at reasonable intervals, and don't very extended drain intervals on dino oil, the problem won't come back. That's what causes this.