post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2010 Ford Crown Victoria, nephews newly acquired car.

Out: unknown
In: Valvoline Mercon V/ Lubegard Platinum

154,271 miles.

Was Planning on putting in a pan with a drain plug for him, but I was pleasantly surprised to find one of those DIY plug kits installed on the pan already. I'm assuming the department that owned it before installed it. Only downside was where they put the plug(not at very bottom)only 2.25 quarts came out, my 2008 Vic typically yields 3 plus per drain. No big deal, just did it twice added the LG at the end. Will do it a couple more times down the road but honestly fluid wasn't terrible at all, shifting great.

Daughter’s 06 Corolla approx. 200k miles. Car had been my grandmother’s. She always took it to the same local shop for service.

Out: unknown fluid and filter
In: valvoline max life atf and power torque filter

The power torque filter looked exactly like the one that came off. Transmission definitely feels smoother after the service.

'17 Accord LX 2.4L 6MT 101k on it. Owners manual and all online say 2 qts needed.

Out - good question. Probably GM Synchromesh FM. My book has changed with Ravenol MTF 2 at just over 50k when I bought used. 2k later I swapped a quart of Redline either MT-85, that I know I had from prior, or I bought some MTL 75W-80. I didn't like the cold weather shifting of the just Ravenol at least at that time.

I thought I had swapped about 25k after that to GM Synchromesh FM, and I only have 2 bottles left of the 4 I ordered so must have missed writing it down. How dark is the Synchroshift FM as compared to others? The fluid that came out was definitely darker than what ai put back in.

Any way - IN - 1 qt of Ravenol MTF 2 and 1 qt of Pentosin MTF 2. Short drive around for errands feels like it's shifting a bit smoother, maybe just in my head. Both of these are on Molakule's list of MTF to be in same CST range as the factory Honda MTF.

I still have in my stock/stash 1/2 qt BG Synchroshift II, 4 qts of Pentosin MTF 2, and 2 qts of GM Synchromesh FM. It will be a while before I buy more. My Accord is the only manual transmission on the fleet. If I don't like how it feels or shifts in the different temperatures, I'll try maybe just Pentosin, maybe back to Synchromesh, maybe buy Honda MTF.
IMG_4932.jpg

Changed mine and wife's MTF lately.

2018 Mustang GT
Out: ~2.7qt of some fluid, presumably the FF
In: 2.75qt of Motorcraft XT-11-QDC

2013 Elantra GT
Out: ~1.8qt Pennzoil synchromesh
In: 2qt Amsoil MTG 75w-90.

2017 Subaru OB @46K miles
CVT: Out - factory fill CVT fluid @4.8 quarts. In - Subaru CVTF-II @5.4 quarts.
Front Differential: Out factory fill gear oil. In - Mobil 1 75W-90LS.

2017 Subaru Outback Premium at ~46.4K miles
Replaced rear differential oil with Mobil 1 75W-90LS; previous change was ~25K miles with the same gear oil.

I use Motorcraft LV in my Fords and the Toyota Tacoma manual trans gets Redline MTF.

2003 honda accord 2.4l auto
172k miles.

out/off:3.25 quarts of what i am assuming to be factory fill and the “lifetime” external cooler fikter

in/on: 3.25 quarts genuine honda DW-1 and honda external filter.

the car engages and shifts like a brand new car regardless of how much throttle input.

Did the 3rd drain and fill of the CVT in my wife's 16 Rogue with 100,000 miles on it. Used Beck Arnley NS3 this time after using Idemitsu NS3 previous times. Fluid came out looking like new and was happy to see the Beck Arnley was the same blue color as OE fluid from Nissan, likely is OE fluid. 4qts every time I've drained and filled. Hope for 100,000 more miles for the vehicle 🙏

Back