post your latest transmission lubricant change.

1985 Chevrolet Silverado C10
TH350
Pan drop and filter change
Out: unknown oil
In: Fram Dex/Merc, Duralast filter and gasket

19 Tucson 55k miles
Out original fluid
In valvoline maxlife

IMG_3293.jpeg

2007 Honda Fit Sport A/T with 323k miles
6.3 Qt Total Capacity
Each D&F = 3 Qt exchange

Out: Amsoil ATL (Blue Cap) 41k miles
In: Amsoil ATL (Blue Cap)

Old fluid still looked pretty good. Not the brightest pink, but only a shade darker. Could have gone another 10k safely. The magnetic drain plug had a very thin layer of wear metal.

2007 Honda Fit Sport A/T with 323k miles
6.3 Qt Total Capacity
Each D&F = 3 Qt exchange

Out: Amsoil ATL (Blue Cap) 41k miles
In: Amsoil ATL (Blue Cap)

Old fluid still looked pretty good. Not the brightest pink, but only a shade darker. Could have gone another 10k safely. The magnetic drain plug had a very thin layer of wear metal.

How's the shifting with the AMSOIL ? Amazing mileage .

How's the shifting with the AMSOIL ? Amazing mileage .
Smooth as ever. Of course, I didn’t have many miles on previous fluid before swapping to Amsoil back in 2015; a few months after acquiring vehicle. That’s when I had a shop perform the cooler line flush over to Amsoil; swapping the external filter, too.

However, there is no way to know if it was Z1 or DW1 for sure, but it appeared to have been serviced recently back then. I just don’t have a comparison for it today between the two or a way to confirm what was drained back then.

All of that being said, I don’t recall any negative observations when switching back then. Since then, the unit has doubled the mileage so I’m pleased with the general performance either way.

2015 Mini Cooper S R59 Roadster with an Aisin TF-60SN 6-speed, fluid flushed and replaced at 67k miles. The used fluid looked unremarkable, no signs of overheating etc. OE fluid was used. My mechanic took his time draining, flushing, and draining again repeatedly. The filler hole is not super- accessible.

2008 Toyota Tundra in signature (154,877)

Out --- 4 quarts of tranny cocktail when purchased truck at 153K with my last fill N spill of 3.5 quarts of Idemitsu ATF Type TLS-LV (WS) and half quart of Lube Gard Red. (857 miles)

In --- 4 quarts of Idemitsu ATF Type TLS-LV (WS)

Ps. 2 more fill N spills to go until I am content with service on Transmission.

2016 Hyundai Accent 229,643 miles

Out: Valvoline Maxlife

In: Valvoline Maxlife Extended Protection

No idea what's different about the EP but it's not really any more expensive than regular Maxlife. It definitely smells different, normal Maxlife smells like eggnog, this one has more of a burnt French toast smell. Either way, Valvoline has been protecting my transmission for the last 112,000 miles so I trust whatever they're doing with this EP blend.

Did the pan drop and filter change.

Out: M1 ATF

In: M1 ATF

4 1/2 Qts

40K on the last fluid change
Hello,

I have a Ford Fusion SE with engine V6 - 3.0L engine, what do you recommend to use for that? Is Mercon 5 passable?

I just ordered 12qts of the HPL green CC.
The ZF needs 7 BTW, but I got 2 kits anyway as I can "flush" with the extra since I have a PPE pan with drain plug.
PO of the RAM truck had red fluid in it of some sort...

From David Canitz at HPL:
The HPL ATF Green is a great replacement for the Lifeguard 8 ZF fluid.
I use it in my Audis that have the 8 Spd ZF behind the V6 Diesel TDIs.

The HPL Differential Life 75W90 is the correct cross to the Dana FE75W90 product.
(I have this in my 07 Dodge Dana 80 and have pulled 33K with it - albeit the truck is a one ton dually - but my point is the fluid is heavy duty to handle the load of the RV - it's also in the small diffs on these Audi's as well come to think of it.)

Back