post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2015 Corolla S; 154K; 1st service
Got car pretty level. Drained out a taste over 2 qts; pretty browinsh dark.
In: 2.5 qts Aisin FE CVT
Used a cheapo gun themometer on the pan to read 35C to 40C, dribbled out the excess and called it good.
Will do another service next oil change service.

I miss dipsticks! The top of the fluid is the top of the fluid!

267,000 Mile 2003 Accord V6 'Spot'

Out - Mix of whatever the trans rebuilder used/Maxlife and LG Red - In Maxlife ATF/LG Platinum ~3qts.

This is early in the life of trans #3 in the car. First one went 105k, second (Honda Dealer Install) went 160k. This one should see the car to its second owner some day.

Changed the transmission ATF today in my 2007 Ford Fusion, and the filter.

Out: 3.5 qts of M1 ATF

In: 3.5 qts of M1 ATF.

Reactions: 4WD
2010 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
4L60E
Replaced torque converter, front pump seal, tailshaft seal, pan gasket and filter
Out: unknown oil
In: just under 3 gallons O'Reilly Dexron 6, Duralast filter

2010 Scion tC with 150,000 miles, did a pan drop with filter change.
Used some Castrol Synthetic Multi-vehicle ATF and a Beck Arnley filter (looks identical to filter that came out).

No idea if it has ever been changed, but it needed it. Fluid was a dark brownish red color and stunk horrible.
Not too much debris on the magnets though.
I did screw up and busted one of the bolts putting the pan back on though, so gotta fix that at some point.

Shifts do feel a little firmer now, which is good because it was feeling sloppy before.

1991 MB 350SD, 206k miles.

Drained pan, TC, and replaced filter. Oil change capacity is 6.2 qts so it got 4 QTs Supertech ATF, 2Qts Supertech HM ATF, and 7oz Lubeguard Red.

F80648C8-BB40-4825-86F4-0C34B982F03C.jpeg

2001 Mitsubishi Montero, out 5 quarts brown old SPIII, two more dripped out of the torque converter while I was doing the filter and cleaning the sealing surface and a break to do school, then in went 7 quarts of fresh SPIII. transmission has almost 200,000 miles on it and has only had fluid changes so far. when I put in 5 quarts of fresh fluid the stuff in the dipstick tube gave a false reading and so I started it and went to cycle through the gears and i had 4 neutrals. hope i didn't hurt anything by running it without enough fluid. it shifts the same as before, and the old fluid wasn't burnt or anything

2001 Mitsubishi Montero, out 5 quarts brown old SPIII, two more dripped out of the torque converter while I was doing the filter and cleaning the sealing surface and a break to do school, then in went 7 quarts of fresh SPIII. transmission has almost 200,000 miles on it and has only had fluid changes so far. when I put in 5 quarts of fresh fluid the stuff in the dipstick tube gave a false reading and so I started it and went to cycle through the gears and i had 4 neutrals. hope i didn't hurt anything by running it without enough fluid. it shifts the same as before, and the old fluid wasn't burnt or anything
Since you drained the converter, the converter has to refill. Completely normal to have to add fluid after a transmission fluid change. You didn't hurt anything just running it through the gears, letting the fluid circulate.

2018 Toyota Tundra- 167,000 miles on truck- 87,000 miles on fluid (yeah I got slack)

Out: 3.5 quarts of Toyota WS (drain and fill)
In: 4 quarts of Aisin WS (added additional .5 quart for fluid check procedure)

Will be doing the same on 2019 4Runner in next couple weeks.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer. Had my mechanic do a pan drop and new transmission filter. Refilled with Valvoline Dex/Merc and also had him change out transfer case fluid with Valvoline synthetic transfer case fluid while it was in there for a wheel bearing replacement job. I already did the diffs with Valvoline 75w90 synthetic previously.

Kia Sportage 2014, ATF d/f Maxlife out, Maxlife in, 4.4L.
Also did tx case and diff, Motomaster synth 75w-90 out and in.
Coolant, Preston's premix green out and in. Changed oil to QS Euro LX.
All today.

98 Ranger, 3.0L 2WD, 249K
Out - unknown fluid of Mercon V persuasion
In - Castrol Transmax Mercon V

Yes, I know I could have gotten away with MaxLife or Transmax Universal. But with officially licensed Ford ATF, why? Also changed the filter, used a Motorcraft filter kit. I did overfill by 1 pint, but I broke my Topsider.

Fluid was dark red on the dipstick and coming out. Pan had a layer of friction sludge though.

2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 3.6L with 850RE 8 speed @ 20k

1. Dropped pan - cleaned loaded magnets - filled with 5 liters ZF LGF8
2. Front axle - out Valvoline 85w140. In Valvoline 75w90
3. Transfer case. Valvoline ATF+4 out/in with 4 oz LG red

845DFCF5-AD9A-44CB-8B3A-06DF9435133E.jpeg
C3E283F9-76BE-4D8C-A36D-85BAF0035279.jpeg
F44CD8F9-02F7-4293-ADBD-BAFBB2986EA9.jpeg
A3A93486-D747-40CA-8217-BCD74240E42E.jpeg

2009 Vibe 4spd drain and fill. Old jug of MaxLife that had 2 quarts in it and 1 full quart of old MaxLife. Had to wipe the dirt off of them. 41,000 on the WS and it came out a beautiful deep purple color.

Back