post your latest transmission lubricant change.

Yea It was a right at 3.5. I was looking at the drain pan while it was finishing when I made the post. But measured it after words and it was right at 3.5. Other than driving it around the block not really sure yet. About to take a 1500 round trip through the mountains this weekend so I’ll get back with you.
MaxLife is good stuff. Nice work!

Just did a suck/fill of the Mazda 6 trans from the dipstick hole for about 1 and 1/2 quarts, a bit of a refresher.
Out almost entirely Amsoil ATF after a few years of suck/fill/drain/fill.
In Amsoil ATF.
By the looks of the fluid, I may have the mechanic do the drain/fill in a few years as it looks real good. I had aimed to do drain/fill every year or so.

2020 Chevrolet Equinox 1.5T AWD
did drain and fill ATF 4.5qts will do a second drain/fill next week. Also did read diff change, will do front transfer case next week. I used Castrol Dexron lV and Valvoline syn 75w90

Drain and fill a 2021 Honda HRV Sport AWD with 4.2 qts of Honda OEM CVT fluid... I have 30000 miles on it... Fluid came out very clean and very little STUFF on the drain plug too...

As per Signature vehicle, 2022 Corolla Cross...

Out...Factory Fill.
In...4 quarts Genuine Toyota eCVT Fluid.

Simple drain and fill.
74,371 miles.

Car Care Nut says to change it this way on CC, ie replace some fluid on the 60's.

I insist on no mixing of chemistry, Toyota fluids only, at eCVT.

Last edited:
MaxLife is good stuff. Nice work!
Well about 1800 miles on it the weekend. Shift just fine. 1-2 shift feels better. 2-3 has always felt weird but most of the shutter is gone. All the other shift are fast and smooth. Probably going to to do another drain and fill in the next week or so when I get a chance. But definitely don’t see why you would not use the Maxlife stuff.

Last month I had a trans shop drop the pan (The pan is very hard to remove) and install a new filter. I supplied the M1 ATF as that shop did not carry M1 ATF. There was about 35K on the fluid, and around 75K since I last changed the filter. This trans still shifts great up and down with no repairs of any kind. This is the 2007 Ford Fusion.

Out: M1 ATF

In: M1 ATF

'18 Ford Endeavour (aka Ranger aka Everest SUV version) 3.2 diesel
'11 Honda City 1.5 IVTEC

Both with Motul ATF VI universal ATF (this claims to be a dex 6 / mercon lv / honda / hyundai / everything else under the sun)

So far, so good.

2016 Honda HR-V AWD

New CVT, compliments of Honda - with about 7500miles on it

Out: HCF-2

In: 5 quarts of Red Line Non-Slip CVT

Took a sample for a UOA as there's been some irregular noises which might be coming from the replacement transmission.

Drain and fill a 2021 Honda HRV Sport AWD with 4.2 qts of Honda OEM CVT fluid... I have 30000 miles on it... Fluid came out very clean and very little STUFF on the drain plug too...

It always comes out dark for me. Only 1/4th of the miles of your fluid.

IMG_0050.JPG

2016 Honda HR-V AWD

New CVT, compliments of Honda - with about 7500miles on it

Out: HCF-2

In: 5 quarts of Red Line Non-Slip CVT

Took a sample for a UOA as there's been some irregular noises which might be coming from the replacement transmission.

It always comes out dark for me. Only 1/4th of the miles of your fluid.

View attachment 155578
How do you like the Red Line fluid?

2020 Honda Accord 35k miles
Out:
Factory fill
In: 3.9 qts Valvoline CVT fluid (adjusted level with fill/check bolt)

20230512_163811.jpg

Last edited:
Did an initial suck/fill of the Mazda 5 at 150k miles for 1.9 quarts. Will do another in a couple weeks which will equate to a drain fill.
Out was mostly remaining MV after some prior suck/fill/drain/fill and in was Amsoil SS Red bottle.
I am lagging on this one. This is wife's car and she is always on the move so it is hard to find times to do this.

Yesterday Ford dealer replaced the 2015 Escape ATF while in for a recall; today Subaru dealer replaced 2017 Outback CVT fluid. First time for both AFAIK.

2010 Ford Crown Vic P7B, 131550 miles on unit
No issues with transmission but I’ve put 30k on it since I got the car and was unsure of history. Fluid appears to be the factory fill because drain pain still had little yellow dipper in it indicating the pans never been dropped unless previous owner just kept it in the pan which is odd.

Out: Unknown and Filter
In: 4 qts Castrol Transmax, 1 qt amsoil SS and a bottle of lubegard red bottle plus new filter

All in all the amount of friction material on the pan magnet wasn’t alarming and there wasn’t any big chunks just a fine goop would venture to say the transmission is happy and healthy with no surprises

Attachments

• 475CC417-D68A-462B-935F-A67C2C044109.jpeg
    475CC417-D68A-462B-935F-A67C2C044109.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 24
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - 3.6L with 850RE 8 speed @ 20k

1. Dropped pan - cleaned loaded magnets - filled with 5 liters ZF LGF8
2. Front axle - out Valvoline 85w140. In Valvoline 75w90
3. Transfer case. Valvoline ATF+4 out/in with 4 oz LG red

View attachment 147377View attachment 147378View attachment 147379View attachment 147381
Update to this - did this pan clean out (5L) and dealer did TCM update in the same week - still had a clunky 3-2 coming up to a stop …
Overall was not as smooth as my GM’s …
Now this week it’s shifting perfectly !
Maybe something came free …

2018 Mazda CX-9- 60,971 miles

Out: FF Mazda FZ
In: Ravenol FZ, 8oz LG Platinum

Did 2x spill and fills, yielding about seven quarts exactly. I believe the unit capacity is around 8.5ish. Will do another spill and fill over the next week or two. No filter change.

Factory fill came out a darker color, but didn't smell bad or anything. Relatively easy to do on these Mazdas, so I'm grateful for that. Plus the ATF is blue so that's fun :)

Took it out for about an 8 mile drive, I have to say I am very impressed so far. Shifting is considerably smoother. Just goes to show what fresh fluid can do and I'm happy with the Ravenol thus far.

For what it's worth, if you need a long funnel I highly recommend this one. Stable, long and just overall quality. Plus it has a built-in strainer which I thought was a nice feature 🍻

https://a.co/d/3u5h8uD
20230527_222214.jpg
20230527_222739.jpg

My 2019 Infiniti QX60 AWD, the second time changing the NS3 fluid. This time I removed the pan, replaced the pan filter, gasket, and pleated paper filter located on the side of the CVT. Pleased at how good everything looked. Replaced slightly over 5 Litres of fluid with Idemitsu N3 from Rock Auto. All filters, gaskets from my local Nissan dealer. Car now has 100,479km and the last CVT fluid dump was at 59k km. I will do this again in 2 years or so.
20230526_121007 by Ken , on Flickr
20230526_112549 by Ken, on Flickr

Did an initial suck/fill of the Mazda 5 at 150k miles for 1.9 quarts. Will do another in a couple weeks which will equate to a drain fill.
Out was mostly remaining MV after some prior suck/fill/drain/fill and in was Amsoil SS Red bottle.
I am lagging on this one. This is wife's car and she is always on the move so it is hard to find times to do this.
Did the second suck/fill of the Mazda 5 for about 1.9 quarts. Still a bit darker than I would like, so may do again in a couple weeks.

Back