post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2017 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion w/DSG. 72.5K miles. 32.5K miles since last change.

Out: 5 and change liters of Liquimoly 8100 dual clutch gear oil and OE-equivalent filter
In: 5 and change liters of Liquimoly 8100 dual clutch gear oil and OE-equivalent filter

20220216_094630.jpg
20220216_094655.jpg
20220216_105538.jpg
20220216_113326.jpg
20220216_113332.jpg

Last edited:
Dropped the Silverado's 4L60E pan and replaced the fluid, filter, and gasket three weekends ago.

Five quarts of Valvoline Dexron-VI / Mercon LV supplanted the dumped ATF. It shifts better!

Need to accomplish another fluid change this spring. Oh joy on this 4WD... with its exhaust pipe in the way. 🤬

Last edited:
I don't know what it is but I have found 1-2 upshifts on a few of my Hondas to be less than smooth in cold weather temps. It is odd as Honda MTF2 is pretty thin viscosity wise.

I have dumped the factory tranny fluid on my 2022 Honda Civic Si and replaced it with Amsoil Synchromesh 5w-30 manual tranny fluid. It immediately solved the cold weather 2nd gear issue. I bought the car new in December with 5 kms on it, by the 3k kms mark I dumped the tranny fluid and replaced with Amsoil. We were in the dead of winter in Canada with very cold temps. The Amsoil tranny fluid is definitely thicker but it works better in cold temps. I suspect the Honda MTF is not synthetic and Amsoil is synthetic. I left the used Honda fluid out overnight after I dumped it and it looked to be pretty gelled up the next morning, thicker than I expected when cold. Not very scientific I know.

I've been running the Amsoil for a few weeks now, in pretty cold winter temps and it works really well. When we have gotten some mild temp days the fluid works even better too. Very happy with the change. I've had to do this on other Hondas I've owned and the Amsoil has always worked well.

My grand niece Xiomi's 2016 Corolla strippie. 153K. Traditional gear automatic transmission.
The fluid was pretty grey, not pink in the least. I serviced it 2,700 miles ago.
MityVac'ed out 3.5 qts, put back 3.5 qts MaxLife. This car calls for WS.
Pulls better, fluid looks a little better. She will come by next week for 1 more service.

2003 bmw 530i - ZF 5HP19 177,820

Out - probably the FF, no chunks but pretty dark. Got good quart got dumped on my shirt when I dropped while taking it off. I was soaked.

In - 6 qts of Pentosin ATF1. Smooth sailing, little laggy if you try to punch it and force a downshift.

2006 Mercedes R320 CDI W251 with the 7G-tronic 722.9 gearbox, speced for 236.14, 230.000 km:

Out: Noname 236.14 since 55000 km in 2017, probably just changed the oil in pan (5 liter) then, and not the converter (additional 4 liter). Black and with a hint of moisture in.
In: Ravenol ATF 9 M-serie. Disappeared from the BeVo list in 2022, but it is their product that is made to suit these gearboxes primarily. Changed out 8,5-9,0 litres, had the upgraded sump pan with the white fill plug.

Real good shift quality after adaptations have been reset.

2012 Nissan Qashqai (Rogue) with 1,6 dCi R9M engine and 4WD, six speed manual gearbox, famous from Renault from being picky on oil.
Out: Probably original fill for 177.000 km.
In: Castrol Syntrans Transaxle GL4 75W-90. It has a word for containing a good dose of PAO and have chemistry for syncros. Original spec is GL4 75W-80.
Worked great in the trans, even no problems at -25C this winter, which were what I thought could be the main problem.

96 Toyota T100, 2.7 qts of Eneos 75w-90 GL5 in the manual transmission. Saw on Napa and decided to go with it.

Refer to post #1645
My grand niece Xiomi's 2016 Corolla strippie. 153K. Traditional gear automatic transmission.
Xiomi brought the little Corolla over for another service; she is driving to Camp Pendleton this week to see her twin sister in the Marine Corps.
MityVac'ed out 3 qts, put back 3 qts Idemitsu WS equivalent. Fluid is less grey-er; maybe a little pink-er.
Shifts nice; we will service it again at the next oil change.

@BISCUT the MityVac makes this such an easy process.

2006 Infiniti M45 151k miles

Drained 4 qts unknown fluid (maybe factory original? No records from previous owners)
replaced with 4 qts Nissan Matic-S ATF

Since the fluid I bought came in a pack of 5 qts, we drove 10 miles (noticed MUCH smoother shifts!), got back, checked the fluid level was perfect, then I pumped another qt out of the dipstick charging pipe and added the 5th qt of new fluid.

This was a much easier job than I anticipated, so we'll do it again in another year or less. The fluid is expensive, so it's not reasonable for me to buy multiple flushes at once. But I can do it spread out over time, which is the path I'll take.

2006 Infiniti M45 151k miles

Drained 4 qts unknown fluid (maybe factory original? No records from previous owners)
replaced with 4 qts Nissan Matic-S ATF

Since the fluid I bought came in a pack of 5 qts, we drove 10 miles (noticed MUCH smoother shifts!), got back, checked the fluid level was perfect, then I pumped another qt out of the dipstick charging pipe and added the 5th qt of new fluid.

This was a much easier job than I anticipated, so we'll do it again in another year or less. The fluid is expensive, so it's not reasonable for me to buy multiple flushes at once. But I can do it spread out over time, which is the path I'll take.
My friend deives a 2015 Altima from Hertz. It had about 75K when he got it; the CVT fluid was black. I serviced it 3 times over the 1st year, using Valvoline and Castrol fluid. It has well over 150K now and is solid as a rock.

2014 Mercedes CLA250 4MATIC Dual clutch new to me at almost exactly 100k miles

OUT - Fluid brand unknown (presumably Mercedes/Shell) dark amber, filter had a stamp date of 2/2021 so it had been recently done but I did for peace of mind at the 100k mark

IN - LIQUI MOLY 8100 5.8 quarts ....total placebo effect smoother shifts 💨

Back