post your latest transmission lubricant change.

This is the Eneos I put in my manual trans. which calls for either GL 4 or 5. I think it has changed from the older Eneos talked about before. It seems to say for synchromesh is ok because they use less ep additives due to the advanced synthetic oil. Wonder what the gear oil experts think. It shifts very well with it.

2020 Ranger (10R80 Transmission)

20,000K D&F (~3.75qts)

Out - Mix of Factory (Mercon ULV) and Valvoline ULV
In - Valvoline ULV + 1oz/Qt LG Red

2019 F250 6R100? Transmission
51,000 miles

Removed pan to drain factory fill.

Replaced filter with Baldwin filter and put in 8 or 9 quarts of Amalie synthetic universal atf. Pumped it from a 5 gal bucket so not sure on amount. Got it hot and topped off. I really hate sealed transmissions with their fill plugs under the truck. Anyway it shifts good.

Beginning to switch to the new TES 668 ATF in the Allison 2500RDS in my company flatbed. Pulling the drain plug netted 75% of the fluid so one more drain and refill should be close to a complete exchange.

Out: ~10qts TES 295
In: Castrol TES 668

5C6A9E14-EE37-49E1-ACA9-C2175BCEFD63.jpeg

2005 Toyota Sienna
Out - mostly Castrol IMV
In - Castrol IMV but I was still low after a pan drop. I had to add 2/3rds a quart of MaxLife for nearly 5 quarts of fluid.

As I would expect, shifts well, no clunky. All is well in 10R80 land.
That's good to hear 👍 amazing how good that product is. I feel like the bones of these transmissions are good but Ford has some quirky programming sometimes. Ran into a similar issue when I had a 2010 Fusion with the 6f35. Sometimes it was fine and shifted well, other times it was erratic and abrupt? Lubegard solved most of the issues though.

Anyways good to hear and hope you get many miles out of that rig 🍻

That's good to hear 👍 amazing how good that product is. I feel like the bones of these transmissions are good but Ford has some quirky programming sometimes. Ran into a similar issue when I had a 2010 Fusion with the 6f35. Sometimes it was fine and shifted well, other times it was erratic and abrupt? Lubegard solved most of the issues though.

Anyways good to hear and hope you get many miles out of that rig 🍻
Yea, it definitely gets dim-witted at times. My working thory is that with 6 solenoids and all the brakes and clutches, they are very sensitive to shift timings so I'll be wanting to keep as fresh fluid as I can in there and keep as much crud out as possible.

Towed a yard and a half of dirt with it this weekend, and in tow/haul it works great. It does away with the skip shifts in that mode and holds gears longer. Almost tempted to drive around with it in that mode all the time.

Did another 4qt drain and fill on our '18 CRV's CVT. First drain and fill was about 5000 miles ago. Will probably do a 3rd in another 5k and call it good for 25k.

I'm sending a sample in to check how replacing only 4 qts affected the wear metals and TAN.

Drain and fill on the Camry.

Out: 3 quarts unknown ATF. Looked decent though. Prior owner appears to have kept it changed regularly.

In: 3 quarts Valvoline MaxLife ATF (red bottle).

3 x drain and fill and change to Mann+Hammel transmission filter on a Jaguar XKR at 87000km.
Close to 15 litres of Amsoil ATL fuel efficient transmission fluid.
75w-140 Amsoil severe gear oil for the diff.

Split open the old transmission filter to inspect if there are any large metal debris caught in the filter.

She runs so smooth now I can't tell which gear I'm in.

2019 Tacoma 4x4 75,200 25k on fluid

Out exactly 3 quarts Toyota genuine WS / STP LV mixed from the previous

In 3 quarts Toyota WS next change out at 100k

Last of my genuine Toyota fluid not certain what I will go with next most likely LUCAS LV😱 in the 5 gallon bucket for use in my SuperDuties or possibly STP (Amalie)

'05 Buick Lesabre, 66k
Out- 7.3 qts Factory fill of Dexron III/Filtran Filter
Replaced pan with one with a drain plug, WIX Filter, ST Dexron III, 7.3 qts in.
Going to drain the pan a few times now to get the remaining old stuff out.

2020 RAM Promaster 2500 with the clunky 62TE transaxle. 31,000 miles, just bought it used. Fluid was surprisingly dark for this mileage. Removed pan and replaced filter with CQ branded WIX. Put in their Fram branded ATF+4 and installed a MightyVac drain plug in the pan. Ran it for 100 miles and drained the pan and refilled again. Nice and red now. Overall took 8.5 qts. The magnet had the average amount of fuzz on it and 3 decent chunks.

Yup, Amazon Leased van. Driven to the floor for a year.

2010 Tacoma 4.0/A750F
50,810 miles.
I drained and refilled it for the first time today. I drained out a little over 2 quarts of factory fill WS. These have been known to be a little low from the factory. The factory fill looked pretty red draining from the pan but had a slightly brownish but mostly red tint to it in the drain pan. I refilled it with 2.75 quarts of WS plus about 14 ounces of Lubegard Platinum, totaling 3.2 quarts. I used up the last of my WS today, so it’ll probably get Maxlife the next time I change it.

2020 RAM Promaster 2500 with the clunky 62TE transaxle. 31,000 miles, just bought it used. Fluid was surprisingly dark for this mileage. Removed pan and replaced filter with CQ branded WIX. Put in their Fram branded ATF+4 and installed a MightyVac drain plug in the pan. Ran it for 100 miles and drained the pan and refilled again. Nice and red now. Overall took 8.5 qts. The magnet had the average amount of fuzz on it and 3 decent chunks.

Yup, Amazon Leased van. Driven to the floor for a year.

Mityvac drain plug ? Is there one for oil pan as well ? Never knew of its existence .

Back