post your latest transmission lubricant change.

2007 Acura TSX, 118K, 30K OCI
MityVac'ed out 3 qts Idemitsu DW-1 equivalent (I think)
In: 3 qts Idemitsu and 6 to 8 oz Lubegard Red

I pulled and cleaned the drain plug last 2 services. This time I did a MityVac quickie lube service.

1993 Volvo 240 sedan, 220,000 miles
Out: LM TopTec 1800
In: same
10 liters, cooler line exchange
Fram XG12 remote filter change with 4 Dimple Black Hole Magnets
20k OCI

I plan to extend to 30k. The fluid looked new.

93 Sentra 351,000 miles. Out, glorious Max Life, in the same. Change about every 30K or so. Might wait until 400,000 this time as long as it stays nice and pink. also, the trans has a rock catcher filter unfortunately which drives me crazy that it doesn't have a real filter to change but I guess It's proven in my case at least it's perfectly adequate.

93 Sentra 351,000 miles. Out, glorious Max Life, in the same. Change about every 30K or so. Might wait until 400,000 this time as long as it stays nice and pink. also, the trans has a rock catcher filter unfortunately which drives me crazy that it doesn't have a real filter to change but I guess It's proven in my case at least it's perfectly adequate.
i know how you feel there but its caught rocks for 351k and you can't be mad at that

2011 Suzuki Grand Vitara
Out: Factory fill (I think... vehicle is new-to-me)
In: Valvoline MaxLife Multi-Vehicle ATF
Cooler line discharge while refilling with funnel in transmission dip-stick tube
Used ~12 quarts during the flush
175'000 KM

So far, so good. Shifting performance seems better.

The wife's 2011 RX350, 166084 miles. 3 spill n' fills over the last week. Out Toyota WS (I assume), In Idemitsu TLS-LV . Total 7 quarts.
How does your RX feel? Does it pull a little better? How many miles were on the fluid? Thx! I use the Idemitsu WS equivalent in my cars as well.

How does your RX feel? Does it pull a little better? How many miles were on the fluid? Thx! I use the Idemitsu WS equivalent in my cars as well.
Hi Jeff, just bought the car recently and saw that it had a fluid change at 90k, but don't know if it was a flush or whatever. This car shifts great and pulls strong. It does seem to pull better after the change. I'm a happy camper. Next up is transfer case and rear diff, then coolant change. Doesn't seem to be a bad car to work on at all. I also just had to front oil cooler changed to a OEM steel one. The VVT cooler line was already changed when I bought it. I look forward to many enjoyable miles with this RX!

Hi Jeff, just bought the car recently and saw that it had a fluid change at 90k, but don't know if it was a flush or whatever. This car shifts great and pulls strong. It does seem to pull better after the change. I'm a happy camper. Next up is transfer case and rear diff, then coolant change. Doesn't seem to be a bad car to work on at all. I also just had to front oil cooler changed to a OEM steel one. The VVT cooler line was already changed when I bought it. I look forward to many enjoyable miles with this RX!
Those things run forever. Kudos for servicing the transmission. Reminds me it moght be time to service our Tundra...

"Spot" our 2003 Accord V6 just got the first D&F on the new rebuild. Out was a multi-use fluid that my rebuilder uses (Some form of MultiDex type thing, I have a picture of it somewhere), in went 3.25 qts of Valvoline Maxlife and 3oz of LG Red.

--Edit--

Found it.

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_165428045_2.jpg
    IMG_20220507_165428045_2.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
2020 Honda Pilot LX

24,814 miles - original factory fill

Drain and filled thee times , trans shudder is gone and shifts a lot better now.

Out : Factory fill

In : 3.5 qts of Honda DW-1
On those transmissions, gotta change the fluid every 10-15K to keep the shudder away.

3.5 qt is probably a bit low though. Might want to recheck the level after a test drive. Every 6AT i've done has taken 3.8-4.2 qt.

Back