Post your latest small engine oil change

20210227_161857.jpg

2018 John Deere E110
Out: 1.5 quarts of JD Turf Guard 10w-30 and JD AM125424 Oil Filter
In: 1.5 quarts of JD Turf Guard 10w-30 and JD AM125424 Oil Filter
Also replaced fuel filter AM116304, air filter MIU11511, and spark plug MIU11020

Finally, last but not least, a 2019 Toro Power Max® Heavy Duty 928 OAE Snowthrower.
Out: What ever the factory put in.
In: 30oz of SuperTech, Full synthetic 5W-30. Didn't forget a dollop of MMO.

(Now, where did I put that darn lawn mower last Fall!!!)

John deere 1028e. Had most of a season on PYB 5w30. Came out nasty. The same went back in.

The fuel was treated, ran the carb dry and then cleaned/oiled the chains and shifting mech. Parked for the season.

Briggs & Stratton Model 80000 125cc push mower
Out: the oil that came with the lawn mower when I bought it last year (Briggs and Stratton SAE 30W)
In: VP 4-Cycle SAE 30/10W30 Full Synthetic (bought at Walmart for about $5 for 18 oz).

Also replaced the spark plug and air filter. Started on the first pull with a plume of white smoke, then ran like a champ for the first mowing of the spring.

Anyone know anything about this oil? I'm guessing it's pretty decent as far as 4-cycle oils go?

edit: first time changing oil in this mower. I spent several minutes looking for a drain plug and reading through the manual only to discover I have to physically lift up the lawn mower, flip it over, and pour the oil out of the fill hole. LOL.

Briggs & Stratton Model 80000 125cc push mower
Out: the oil that came with the lawn mower when I bought it last year (Briggs and Stratton SAE 30W)
In: VP 4-Cycle SAE 30/10W30 Full Synthetic (bought at Walmart for about $5 for 18 oz).

Also replaced the spark plug and air filter. Started on the first pull with a plume of white smoke, then ran like a champ for the first mowing of the spring.

Anyone know anything about this oil? I'm guessing it's pretty decent as far as 4-cycle oils go?

edit: first time changing oil in this mower. I spent several minutes looking for a drain plug and reading through the manual only to discover I have to physically lift up the lawn mower, flip it over, and pour the oil out of the fill hole. LOL.
That or you can get a siphon hose. Either way works.

Craftsman push mower with Briggs and Stratton OHV engine.
Out: Super Tech High Mileage 10w40
In: Castrol Magnetech 5w30

Murray riding mower with Briggs and Stratton opposed twin.
Out: Super Tech High Mileage 10w40
In: Same

Back