Post your latest small engine oil change

1996 John Deere LX188 w/ 17HP liquid cooled Kawasaki
Out: Mix of leftovers I think, 15W40 & 10W30 HDEO
In: Mobil Delvac 1 5W40
Left the Supertech ST4967 on, usually change the oil once a year and filter every other year.

Murray rider
14 HP B&S OHV Commercial engine
Out: Pennzoil conventional 20w50
In: Amsoil Small Engine 10w40

New to me Toro 726 Snowblower.
Out: unknown fresh oil. About 30 min use with it.
In: RGT 5w30

I have a problem with putting in my own fluids with used equipment. Peace of mind. Used the foil form a funnel to keep it clean.

Attachments

• PXL_20201115_012029494.jpg
    PXL_20201115_012029494.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 34
New to me Toro 726 Snowblower.
Out: unknown fresh oil. About 30 min use with it.
In: RGT 5w30

I have a problem with putting in my own fluids with used equipment. Peace of mind. Used the foil form a funnel to keep it clean.
Instead of foil....take one milk/softener jug and cut/shape it into a funnel... ;)

Any thoughts on the T6 15w-40?

I haven't used it yet. I put mostly Rotella T 15w40/SuperTech 15w40 conventional in customer machines, and use T6 5w40 in generators. The synthetic is almost twice the price, so it's hard to justify the extra cost to most customers. It's also a bit harder to find around here. Tractor Supply here doesn't stock it, and the local WalMart is absolutely terrible at stocking oil. At some point I will try it for sure, I'm sure it's great oil. The T5 15w40 has been great the times I've used it.

Last edited:
I haven't used it yet. I put mostly Rotella T 15w40/SuperTech 15w40 conventional in customer machines, and use T6 5w40 in generators. The synthetic is almost twice the price, so it's hard to justify the extra cost to most customers. It's also a bit harder to find around here. Tractor Supply here doesn't stock it, and the local WalMart is absolutely terrible at stocking oil. At some point I will try it for sure, I'm sure it's great oil. The T5 15w40 has been great the times I've used it.
Looking at my fall cleanup list, I could probably use the better part of a jug of that 15w-40 T6 between the harder working summer machines. Whatever is left could go in the jug that I use for bar oil on the chainsaw. So I am thinking that the lawn tractor, leaf vacuum and rototiller may see 15w-40 T6 this fall.

Looking at my fall cleanup list, I could probably use the better part of a jug of that 15w-40 T6 between the harder working summer machines. Whatever is left could go in the jug that I use for bar oil on the chainsaw. So I am thinking that the lawn tractor, leaf vacuum and rototiller may see 15w-40 T6 this fall.

It should work well in all of those.

The John Deere 1028e got unknown oil out and refilled with PYB 5w30.

I will run it for a few hours and will probably change it again.

Gravely 260Z with Kohler Command Pro 27
Out: Valvoline Cummins Premium Blue 15w40/crappy Kohler filter
In: Delo XLE 15w40/Wix 51348

Back