Post your latest small engine oil change

Echo Bearcat WT190
Out: Factory Fill 30w
In: M1 5w30

Cub Cadet LT1046
Out: PYB 10w30
In: QSUD 10w30

Husky with Honda GCV 160 Drained out Valvoline 30 wt put the same back in . Kid is about to be pushing it around when he gets home . This mower has been trouble free except for the choke . Cant say the same for the kid , starting to think he needs a good choke .LOL .

2010 Craftsman Briggs & Stratton 550e Silver Series 158cc

Out: Briggs & Stratton SAE30

In: 10W30 Castrol Syntec SM/SL

Replaced the spark plug RJ19LM, air filter, sharpened the blade and seafoamed the cylinder head and chamber. It's what good son-in-law's do.

1999 Stanley Power Plant 6.0HP Tecumseh LV195EA

Out: Pennzoil Conventional 5W30

In: 10W30 Castrol Syntec SM/SL

Replaced the spark plug RJ19LM, air filter, sharpened the blade and seafoamed the cylinder head and chamber. Start first pull, every time!

New John Deere D140 Lawn Tractor

Out: Factory fill at 8.8 hours

In: Trop Artic 10w30 SM

Plan to change again at end of season with Motorcraft 10w30 SN

Briggs & Stratton 725ex (4.5 hp)

Out: factory fill

In: Rotella T1 SAE30

Replaced RJ2YXLE plug with RJ19LMC

Originally Posted By: 1989outlaw
Husky with Honda GCV 160 Drained out Valvoline 30 wt put the same back in . Kid is about to be pushing it around when he gets home . This mower has been trouble free except for the choke . Cant say the same for the kid , starting to think he needs a good choke .LOL .

Changed my GCV160's oil this weekend as well. Pennzoil Ultra 10w30 on the way out and in. I've had auto choke issues as well.

--Matt

Early 80s 3.5HP B&S engine on a Snapper bagger lawn mower.

Out: Mobil 1 5w-30 (in for 2 seasons). Came out still fairly clean.

In: Pennzoil Platinum 5w-30.

Also installed a new OE replacement blade.

2004 model Briggs 5.5 hp on a Huskee 22" Mulching walk-behind mower (re-branded MTD I bought at Tractor Supply).

Out: ST 30w

In: 17 oz. Kendall GT-1 synthetic blend 10W30 combined with 3 oz. PYB 10W30

New blade
New air filter
Cleaned and re-gapped spark plug

Mower started right up on the first pull and purred like a kitten while cutting the grass for the first time this year. I will use the rest of the PYB quart for topping off during the season.

Drained the last seasons oil out of my briggs quantum mower engine. Refilled with 50/50 mix of Napa synthetic and Super Tech 5w30. I guess that would be a syn blend, right?

1991 TORO 5HP 22" Self-Propelled Lawn Mower

OUT: Amsoil 10/30-30 Small Engine Oil

IN: 1/2 Amsoil 10/30-30 Small Engine Oil & 1/2 Amsoil 10-40
4-Stroke Marine Oil (as I ran out of the Amsoil Small Engine oil)
smile.gif

1999 John Deere F510 with Kawasaki 14hp motor.

The total capacity is 4 quarts but the hydraulic unit shares the oil. Though it does not mix somehow. I just drain out 2 quarts and change the filter. Then the old motor oil goes into the hydraulic unit. Only 2 quarts will drain. The motor oil is
lighter color than the hydraulic unit oil.

I use to drain two then pour two which drove out the motor oil but quit. The oil stays good looking all year.

2 qts Valvoline synthetic 5w30. Purolator Pure One PL10241 filter

Just bought a 1991 MTD "Turf Power" tiller. I bought it from the original owner who purchased it new from Agway in 1991. It was stored inside and hardly used. He also included all the paperwork. I'm not a fan of MTD stuff, but this seems fairly well-made. I think their stuff from the late 1980s/early 1990s was of much better quality.

It has a 5hp Briggs and Stratton flathead engine. I changed the oil to Rotella T 15w40, installed a new air filter, and a new spark plug.

Here is a pic of it:

1370197073_zpsd199e439.jpg

I think it needs a carb cleaning since it is surging at full throttle a bit.

Back