Post Your Latest Power Steering Fluid Change

05 Chevy Express with hydroboost brakes.. Had a mixture of Maxlife and factory PSF. It wasn't happy this spring. Flushed it out with OReilly's PSF gallon jug, so far it's quieter.

08 Infiniti M35X, unknown out, Valvoline MaxLife ATF in (suck n pump) 12 Odyssey, Honda out, Honda in (suck n pump) 97 Dodge Ram 1500, store brand out, Valvoline Power steering fluid in

JC1

1997 Honda civic Out- Valvoline max life ATF In - Amoco dexron mercon Vacuum extractor including both lines to reservoir and cleaning reservoir with brake cleaner. 2015 Dodge caravan Out - ATF+4 In ATF+4 Same procedure as above. Hardly any debris in the reservoir screens. Civic (207,xxx kms) caravan (60xxx kms).

Last edited:
2013 Mazda 6: Out: Mazda MV ATF factory fill In: Royal Purple MAX ATF Siphoned the small fluid reservoir and replaced with new. Drive a bit. Do it again. Did it last year for 2 quarts at 60,000 miles. Did it this year for 1 quart at 75,000 miles. 2015 Mazda 5 Out: Mazda MV ATF factory fill In: Mazda MV ATF At 60,000 miles last year, I had the dealership do a full servicing as the price was reasonable compared to the enormous mess I would have caused trying to do this myself. This Mazda 5 doesn't have a readily-accessible main fluid reservoir and requires disconnecting hoses to do a useful job, so, it is more than a simple DIY.

Last edited:
2008 Tundra SR5 Crewmax with the 5.7 Out : unknown. Was done by someone awhile ago as it looked like PS fluid while Toyota specs Dex III ATF In: Flushed with Maxlife ATF. Nice and cherry red now.

2012 MB C250, 86K Had to remove a p/s line (reservoir to the pump) for better access during upper timing cover removal. I replaced what was lost (2/3L) with Pentosin CHF11S.

~172k miles changed out a rusty high pressure tube on the rack of my '08 Hyundai Accent. It blew out last fall and I put it off until better weather. It was a PITA but a cheap fix. Refilled with 3/4 qt of Prestone Universal with stop leak. Hyundai say use their fluid PSF-3 superseded by PSF-4 but it's hard to find except the dealer and it is expensive. The Gen Coupe takes Pentosin CHF202 Power Steering Fluid.

Originally Posted by SHOZ
~172k miles changed out a rusty high pressure tube on the rack of my '08 Hyundai Accent. It blew out last fall and I put it off until better weather. It was a PITA but a cheap fix. Refilled with 3/4 qt of Prestone Universal with stop leak. Hyundai say use their fluid PSF-3 superseded by PSF-4 but it's hard to find except the dealer and it is expensive. The Gen Coupe takes Pentosin CHF202 Power Steering Fluid.
From the research I've done, psf3 is just plain old dexron 2. The pumps aren't picky either. Anything meeting viscosity requirements is good enough. I run Castrol Dex/Merc and mines as quiet as a church mouse.

My 2018 F250 has hit the 25K mark so all fluids are on schedule to be replaced I changed out the p/s fluid with Pennzoil LV ATF Can't tell much except for cleaner fluid and piece of mind

10 Chevy equinox 3.0 v6 PS pump replacement Out: what was left of presumably factory Dex vi, fresh Dex vi added to find leak, qmi ps cleaner In: flushed about four qts acdelco Dex vi through it

96 Chevy 1500 wt 238k. Out dark smelly burnt fluid filled and drained twice. In Lubegard synthetic P/S fluid added a magnetic filter on the low pressure hose.