Post your latest parts purchase

For a few years we drove a Ford that needed 20's and a GM that used 22's. It was great because I'd try to just stock 21's for both.

With most everything I've ever owned I'll go +/- 1".....ya figure that's only 1/2" per end, not a big deal for most vehicles. I'm sure there are exceptions
I'm going to do that next time I buy blades for the Acura. The Bosch 26" is just to floppy for my tastes. Even with a perfectly clean window, with or without rainx it skates across the glass sometimes. Enough to annoy me. Slightly shorter should be a little more rigid.

Reactions: D60
Stabilus brand window struts from Rock Auto for glass window in back hatch of 2008 Suburban. Old ones were original. I didn’t realize at first how weak the old ones were. They were almost useless in the cold weather we recently had. The new struts lift the glass and frame totally high, to the extend I noticed all the road dust on the rear hatch and cleaned it up. Enjoy.

Safety tip. When the old struts are worn, be careful when removing one because the other one will not be able to hold the window up allowing the window to come crashing down. Ask me how I know.

F3969699-0980-46C1-8420-D9C93B86C55A.jpeg
D306FEB5-564A-4D31-8D71-62FC424347DB.jpeg
9BD6748F-5BC7-4C22-B4A1-010563F1B274.jpeg

Last edited:
63B3051B-02DB-4168-8294-18F4C41F94DC.jpeg

7EF939E4-2DFE-41B9-B842-EE2158B8622E.jpeg
New Engine Air Filter for my Escape. Will order the cabin as no stores sell it. I may check the price on RockAuto vs thru work. I also need a new air filter for the truck too so I’ll check both places for a price as well. Also purchased a new battery and wipers for the Escape yesterday as well. Forgot to take a picture of the wipers maybe I will tomorrow. I wanted an Interstate battery as that’s all we buy but one would not be available for over three weeks and this was the only battery to fit my Escape within 100 miles so I took this one. At least it’s name brand. Had it not been Motorcraft I would have waited for something else and just jump started myself everyday lol. I don’t buy cheap batteries. It’s certainly not an Interstate but this one will do.

Last edited:
37E4FFA5-11E1-48BC-9598-0AA246B85C80.jpeg
237311EF-B219-46F2-973C-209D2EF28477.jpeg
95537CB0-1AD1-4387-B2B5-C464536A2721.jpeg

Some parts for the Escape. Cabin air filter. Couldn’t find that anywhere else besides through work which is fine because I got it for cheap. Hated it’s not name brand but it needs a new one and it was the only thing available. Got an FL820S oil filter too because Walmart and everywhere I’ve looked has been out so got that at work too. We have a Ford franchise so we stock Ford parts. Then three new wipers because it needs them. Everyone has had really good luck with the Anco wipers so I figured I’d give them a try.

2012 Kia Soul

Raybestos EHT pads front and rear

Raybestos Element3 Coated Rotors front and rear

2012 Mitsubishi Galant

Raybestos EHT pads front and rear

Dynamic Friction rotors front only. Rear rotors were in good shape.

PXL_20230120_233902634.jpg

PXL_20230120_234008779.jpg

The most sus brake pads, but what do you expect for $17.98 delivered 🤷‍♂️
I suspect a rear slide pin or the caliper seized on the Fusion, ground a pad to the backing plate and pad to metal
Until I've got time to do full pad/rotor around with quality parts, and perhaps a caliper if needed, freeing thing and slapping these in will make it move around the driveway without heavy grinding
If I have a truly bad caliper, boo hoo I lost $18 and I learned that I need to order

Installed new starter in the 06 Honda Odyssey. Old one was beginning to start more slowly (intermittently), then more often. Figured it might be the solenoid, but to buy a new solenoid was more than a new starter, so i went with the famous name brand : ) Irontree 17728 Starter sold by Amazon. $70 roughly. Install went well. New starter sounds like it’s rotating at 50% higher speed than the original. Kinda scary initially, but getting used to the rapid start now. So far so good.

EBC531B6-FE21-44E8-A8C0-674F09A16120.jpeg
C2FDC120-2A5B-4084-94A7-BC0577FCEC60.jpeg

Some parts. The cabin air filter is for the 2004 Toyota Camry. I already installed it Thursday night. The Toyota oil plug gaskets are for both Toyota Camry’s. The Kia filter and gasket and Toyota 5W-20 oil is for grandmas Kia Soul. She is coming up tomorrow to get it changed. Genuine Toyota 5W-20 only costed me $2.97 a quart. She is on a fixed income so I try to get whatever is the best price that’s name brand. I was surprised how cheap this was with my discount. I always tell her she doesn’t owe me anything for the parts or labor but she insists on paying me so I do what I can to save her some money.

Bought a PCV valve and hose for my 2018 WRX. Seemed way overpriced. $55 for valve $20 for hose at the dealer. But no one else offers these parts (or had them in stock)

To bad I have to remove the intercooler to get to the PCV valve. So that will wait until next weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0204.jpeg
    IMG_0204.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 4
For the Ranger I’m working on:
6 new injectors
2 upstream HO2S
valve cover/plenum/t-stat/throttle body gaskets and valve cover grommets
Fuel filter
T-stat
Ignition coil connector
Oil filter

All Motorcraft, except the HO2S, which are Bosch. All Fel-Pro gaskets. Also picked up a gallon of Prestone Max and Castrol Mercon V from VatoZone.

7E627A74-6F9E-461E-B0EA-BCAD4D38944A.jpeg

Parts to redo the Camry. New water pump pulley, serpentine belt and bolts for the pulley. The wrong bolts were ordered so I just took some from the hardware rack at work lol 😂. It’s probably my fault he showed me exactly what he ordered I should have caught it they are for the water pump itself. Oh well lol. M8 bolts are hard to find. At least these were. They don’t match perfectly so I’m going to go to the auto parts store and get some maybe or Ace Hardware.

808B89D5-5221-4054-B611-A8628E441122.jpeg
BA21E9FD-8627-4702-A795-B34B1988C0F5.jpeg

Brake pads for my Ford Escape. I bought some about a year ago and have misplaced them lol. I know where the rotors are but can’t find the pads. These were less than $50 my employee cost. Motorcraft rotors and pads now. The ones I purchased last year were Wearever Platinum. Which is what’s currently on it. It has drums in the rear and they are original after 205,000 it won’t be fun when I have to replace those lol 😂.

View attachment 143902View attachment 143903
Brake pads for my Ford Escape. I bought some about a year ago and have misplaced them lol. I know where the rotors are but can’t find the pads. These were less than $50 my employee cost. Motorcraft rotors and pads now. The ones I purchased last year were Wearever Platinum. Which is what’s currently on it. It has drums in the rear and they are original after 205,000 it won’t be fun when I have to replace those lol 😂.
Looks like Bosch made those. I’ve seen the same dot-matrix font on PerfectStop pads sold at AutoValue/Bumper to Bumper affiliates. The new Duralast Elite line at AZ is made by Bosch as well.

I was opening up boxes of pads at AZ the other night ago they were going to stock. While the Duralast Gold line is made by MAT Roulunds in India(DBxxxx friction code, DB stands for Dan-Blok, which was Roulunds’ original brand for Saab/Volvo aftermarket), regular blue Duralast is made in China by another supplier - Shandong Gold Phoenix, SGPxxxx friction code.

232506F9-6770-4D06-8435-5B04185147CD.jpeg

Parts for the Escape. Two sway bar end links for the front, two ball joints for the front, and two outer tie rods. These are all parts that have to be replaced together so that’s why I got two of each. All from O’Reilly. Strangely Napa was cheapest, then O’Reilly, then Auto Zone, then my work with employee discount both OEM and aftermarket then Advance Auto. Usually Advance Auto is the cheapest but not for this. It would have been nearly $400 out the door. I know everyone will give me crap for getting parts store parts but this is what the Ford techs all said to get. They said get Napa or O’Reilly at least for the ball joints because for OEM you have to replace the entire control arm. I have a close friend who works at O’Reilly so he helped me out on these. And honestly the vehicle has almost 206,000 on it. I plan on getting another one soon and putting this one on second duty or giving it back to pops.

My preferred place to go for parts is Auto Zone but I couldn’t pay $300 for this stuff. Work was $330. Napa and O’Reilly were close to price like within $10 and then my friend gave it to me better than that so I can’t complain there. Not sure how true it is but based on what the Ford Techs told me and my buddy who works at the Moog factory in the town I work in says they make all the suspension parts for auto parts stores or at least most of them. Again not sure how true but we will see how these do. Surely better than the bad ones on there now. One advantage to working at a dealership with 10 different franchises and mechanics for all of them is you can always ask questions. Now I just need to buy a ball joint press. That’s a tool I’ve always borrowed from my coworkers so time to get my own. I also wanted to go ahead and get these tonight as no other store had everything in stock it would have to be ordered so figured i better get it while I can.

2010 Nissan Frontier 4.0L V6.

A rattling on heavier throttle started a few months back - I finally figured out it was a leak in the crossover pipe behind the cats. It's all original so I'm going to replace everything behind the cats instead of trying to patch stuff in. I'm in Victoria, BC but it was about $200 cheaper for me to order from Rockauto and have it shipped to Point Roberts, WA, so I could pick it up when I was in Vancouver for work. No taxes at the border but still would have been quite a bit cheaper than buying locally. I'll be replacing a couple of pipes. muffler, along with various gaskets and clamps. Also trying to put the original heat shields back on the new stuff......

Back