Post your latest parts purchase

941B27B3-469A-45E0-82BD-8E3D49666D26.jpeg

My reseal/timing chain job had a snag. Thankfully, the new OE Toyota oil pump O-rings were in good shape still, but I went through half a tube of Permatex Optimum Gray. Decided to try The Right Stuff instead.

Exhaust elbow for dads truck. With two band clamps and 1 guillotine clamp. Forgot to take pictures and I don’t feel like going out to the car now lol. Planned on putting it on Saturday but one of the bolts rounded and broke off so we had to order a cutting wheel to cut the clamp off with. Looks like the clamps were driven down with an impact from whoever did it last. This is the first problem we have ran into trying to fix something on it. I done the other side muffler and elbow a few years ago with no issues.

I ordered a new starter from eBay for a John Deere 6215. Deere wants $589 for a reman.

Attachments

• 0B939CFF-9375-4BD2-A88C-3898D7ACF1B6.jpeg
    0B939CFF-9375-4BD2-A88C-3898D7ACF1B6.jpeg
    55.8 KB · Views: 10
  • E9D62B2D-4692-4BA9-8A65-B47E88DA764A.jpg
    E9D62B2D-4692-4BA9-8A65-B47E88DA764A.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 11
  • 471A6392-3ECC-4F4A-98A9-3104C19C360D.jpeg
    471A6392-3ECC-4F4A-98A9-3104C19C360D.jpeg
    111.1 KB · Views: 10
4 fuel Injectors for my friends 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt, they arrived from Ebay about 4 days AFTER she traded it in against a 2019 Cruze, with a turbo, they gave her $1000 for the Cobalt. Ironically, she bought 1 injector from AAP and the core charge was the same as each injector from EBAY, all 4 delivered $38. going to sell them on Craigslist

I ordered a 100% New Duralast Gold CV axle for a 2016 3500 HD Duramax from Autozone online and had it shipped to home. I used an online coupon for 15% off of $75 or more, plus cashed in a $20 reward. Had it at my door for $95.32. It arrived damaged so I called my local Autozone and they didn't have one in stock, they ordered me a new one, it should be at the store in the morning.

I also ordered a Timken wheel bearing for the same truck from Rockauto and used a 5% off coupon. At my door for $167.83.

I was quoted about $500 to replace just the one wheel bearing at the GM dealership. On the last oil change I discovered a crack in the inner CV boot on the same side as the bad wheel bearing, so I decided to order some parts and change the CV axle and wheel bearing together.

I usually try to find the lowest cost parts that I think are of good quality (looking for value). If I know I need parts ahead of time, I try to shop around and save as much cash as I can on good parts. If I have an unexpected repair come up, availability becomes the priority more so than the cost or brand. Of course there are some parts that I will go OEM only on, especially if they are hard or time consuming to replace or critical to safety.

The damaged CV from Autozone got me thinking about parts and what kind of parts people choose and why... so with that said, what have you ordered lately?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
The Duralast axle failed last night after about 26,000 miles in service. It didn’t come apart but it pops loudly on turns. I ordered an OEM GM axle from Summit to replace it. I’m gonna see if Autozone will warranty the Duralast and I’ll keep the replacement Duralast on the shelf for a spare.
210F2E04-47EB-40BC-BAA1-75B365F6F6B1.jpeg

940D2D23-4E39-45CA-A2EB-5DEF5DE870AB.jpeg

6 new coils and 6 new plugs for the brother-in-law car. I know everyone is giving me heck for the coils but it’s what he could afford. I personally believe it’s best to replace all 6 at once anyway. And Autolite plugs because it’s a Fire product and I’d never run anything except Autolite or Motorcraft plugs in a Ford product. Kinda was nervous about getting them from Rock Auto but they appear legitimate. Double Platinum to upgrade the (presumably) platinum plugs that are in it.

13D550BC-E4AB-496F-A0FC-0CACDFE0F671.jpeg

New water pump for dads 2004 Camry with 284,000. I wasn’t going to pay for the Toyota FIPG sealant either that stuff is expensive even with my employee discount. So I just got the regular water pump and thermostat housing RTV. Really wish they made it in a big tube because I hate trying to get a perfect bead with these little ones without the nozzle. This is the smallest water pump I’ve ever seen lol. But I forgot to get coolant too lol oh well probably cheaper at Walmart anyway. I hate replacing water pumps on these engines because you have to take the alternator off but oh well it can be done. This water pump was $59 on RockAuto. If I ordered one through work there was going to be a 5 day wait. Got this one in a day pretty much because I ordered it yesterday morning. Pops will pay me back eventually lol. I really needed the money for the tool truck but luckily they are understanding lol.

EB96571E-2FC7-42B9-9CE6-B4753012E376.jpeg

Heater core for brother in law’s Mercury. Very limited choices as most are on back order. This has got to be the smallest heater core I’ve ever seen lol. Also picked up two jugs of genuine Toyota coolant for dads car when we do the water pump. That stuff is expensive over $30 per jug without discount with my discount it was around $21 after tax. We don’t get as big a discount on fluids as we do parts.

New water pump for dads 2004 Camry with 284,000. I wasn’t going to pay for the Toyota FIPG sealant either that stuff is expensive even with my employee discount.
Toyota techs just slap on FIPG 103, which is ThreeBond 1207B. Toyota wants ThreeBond 1282B for coolant sealing, but that’s $80/tube, I bought some to reseal the valley plate on a Sienna 3MZ-FE.

When I resealed the Prius’ timing cover due to timing chain replacement, I used Permatex Right Stuff Gray 90 Minute. Unlike Ultra Gray/Optimum Gray it kicks sooner(still need to snug the bolts, wait an hour and torque to spec) and IMO is close to OE ThreeBond 1207/1217/1282. Let’s hope it’ll stand up against 2-EHA found in Prestone Cor-Guard.

Optimum Gray only gets you more heat resistance over Ultra Gray.

View attachment 120005
New water pump for dads 2004 Camry with 284,000. I wasn’t going to pay for the Toyota FIPG sealant either that stuff is expensive even with my employee discount. So I just got the regular water pump and thermostat housing RTV. Really wish they made it in a big tube because I hate trying to get a perfect bead with these little ones without the nozzle. This is the smallest water pump I’ve ever seen lol. But I forgot to get coolant too lol oh well probably cheaper at Walmart anyway. I hate replacing water pumps on these engines because you have to take the alternator off but oh well it can be done. This water pump was $59 on RockAuto. If I ordered one through work there was going to be a 5 day wait. Got this one in a day pretty much because I ordered it yesterday morning. Pops will pay me back eventually lol. I really needed the money for the tool truck but luckily they are understanding lol.
🤣🤣 my Toyota Camry had 201k when I traded it in. Never had a water pump issue or cooling system issues. For coolant I used our Toyota parts guy; way cheaper than $30/gallon

Toyota techs just slap on FIPG 103, which is ThreeBond 1207B. Toyota wants ThreeBond 1282B for coolant sealing, but that’s $80/tube, I bought some to reseal the valley plate on a Sienna 3MZ-FE.

When I resealed the Prius’ timing cover due to timing chain replacement, I used Permatex Right Stuff Gray 90 Minute. Unlike Ultra Gray/Optimum Gray it kicks sooner(still need to snug the bolts, wait an hour and torque to spec) and IMO is close to OE ThreeBond 1207/1217/1282. Let’s hope it’ll stand up against 2-EHA found in Prestone Cor-Guard.

Optimum Gray only gets you more heat resistance over Ultra Gray.
I like how you think 🍻👍🇺🇸

🤣🤣 my Toyota Camry had 201k when I traded it in. Never had a water pump issue or cooling system issues. For coolant I used our Toyota parts guy; way cheaper than $30/gallon
I ended up getting it at work it was $20 something after my discount. This is the first water pump it’s had on it. Really glad it lasted as long as it did that means it was well made.

F99594BB-5AB9-4676-81EE-D7F6A23BFFA2.jpeg
3352119E-618E-4653-8904-C6C0973B278F.jpeg

New serpentine belt and radiator cap for dads car. When we replaced the water pump decided to do the belt and after when we went to fill it with coolant we opened the radiator and the cap fell apart so we got a new one. He didn’t want to spend a lot of money on these as he isn’t sure how much longer the car will last.

Needed a O2 sensor socket for the bank 1 sensor 2 on Sonata. Will change out sensor on up coming oil change. kinda funny but I bought one a few weeks ago for the kia and this socket worked fantastic. Changed out both o2 sensors but then put the socket somewhere so I would have it on hand for sonata.... and well lost it 😲🤔:LOL:.
Screen Shot 2022-10-22 at 7.04.30 AM.jpg

Back