Post your latest parts purchase

17EA3876-A6A5-457E-BF65-95203525627D.jpeg

Drain plug gaskets for my sisters Honda. O’Reilly had them in my hometown. The town I work in there wasn’t a single one available. I hate shopping at O’Reilly but I was already there getting some tools so I went ahead and got these too.

Mevotech would've been $3 More 😲
Quick steer would've been $8 cheaper :unsure:
I'm not that bitter (yet) :rolleyes:
Well shoot, I’ll give you that. I won’t even let my enemies use Mevotech or Duralast/MasterPro Chassis(probably the same stuff) or BrakeBest(for friction, hardware/hoses seem to be rebranded Carlson and Sunsong).

Last edited:
The pushpin supplier shorted us 3 pins.. In order to finish the diamond tucked carbon fiber padding inside the van, we had to order from a different company and they should arrive Wed.
imageedit_1_7030116930.jpg

Screenshot_20230401-030126.png

2011 Avalon with a clunk in the rear, and a seasonal oil change + cabin filter
2GR V6 takes an odd amount of oil, Home Depot is my cost effective source these days
+$53 for a OE Toyota stop lamp switch from Amazon, the seller is Daytona Toyota, in FL
I miss having a hook at my local Toyota parts counter :confused:
Consumables were so reasonably priced

My latest Amazon Warehouse Deals u-joint. A nice Spicer 5-1310X. Repackaged in a bag LOL

That said, both bags of clips are in there and unopened. I carefully inspected every cap and no needles are missing plus I don't think any cap was ever removed based upon how hard I had to pull them off.
20230330_191436.jpg

72E01CCA-506E-4A29-AC84-D910596C858B.jpeg

Brake pads and rotors for the rear of Dads Camry. Still has original rear rotors from 2004 never been taken off or machined. He doesn’t believe in replacing rotors unless they fall apart so we are doing the job right this time. Only $120 my price from work. He likes Napa stuff and we didn’t have any rotors for it in the rear at work so I told them get Napa ones. And also the Toyota pad kits don’t come with hardware which is stupid we also didn’t have a hardware kit so again that’s why I told them get Napa. Napa usually has good quality stuff.

A month ago I dropped $1078.92 for a Hyundai/Kia 47800-3B520 AWD Electrohydraulic Coupler.

Original part started showing early signs of failure so it was time. Steep but at least it’s a reasonably stout clutchpack (considering it’s paired to the base engine and always in use, it’s also bolted to the 3.3L V6 so potentially not as long lived in that application)

Tried an aftermarket one from Friday Parts for ~$400, it had the Magna logo rather than the usual Hyundai/Kia/Magna trifecta and it didn’t work. Support suspected it was not properly filled with oil but I couldn’t get it to work - they said to use any type of oil which makes me suspect of it had it worked. Fellow over at Kia-Forums tried a Kia parts website for $700ish and it arrived leaking oil so sadly the dealer is probably the best bet to get this since it’s orientation sensitive.

Trivial little part, but I was looking for brake line clips. As many know, they are simple little pieces of plastic if you only need to hold a single line, shouldn't cost an arm and a leg, but local auto parts stores where out of stock, and most online sellers wanted about $10 shipping for this ~5oz little bag of clips, or jacked up selling price instead, sometime even trying to sell a SINGLE clip at a time.

Finally I found them on AGS's website, 10 pack for $3 with free shipping.

In the past, sometimes I've just used a copious amount of nylon wire ties to secure a new brake line to an old one, if it didn't seem like it was going to budge, be removable from the factory clips without damaging the clip, but I had a case where I'm opting not to run the same factory routing so it gets new clips in new locations.

from Amazon...AC Delco UPF-64R oil filter...I don't usually ever order parts from Amazon but they had this filter that the GF's 2013 Malibu 3LT with the 2.0T engine uses for the best price with free shipping and from the "ACDelco Store"...

Bill

View attachment 148605
Brake pads and rotors for the rear of Dads Camry. Still has original rear rotors from 2004 never been taken off or machined. He doesn’t believe in replacing rotors unless they fall apart so we are doing the job right this time. Only $120 my price from work. He likes Napa stuff and we didn’t have any rotors for it in the rear at work so I told them get Napa ones. And also the Toyota pad kits don’t come with hardware which is stupid we also didn’t have a hardware kit so again that’s why I told them get Napa. Napa usually has good quality stuff.
What are the edge codes on the pads? Usually, Napa brakes are rebranded Raybestos. These scream MAT Roulunds India, the same supplier for Duralast Gold/BrakeBest/WearEver/Bendix and Volvo service parts.

Back