Post your latest parts purchase

What are the edge codes on the pads? Usually, Napa brakes are rebranded Raybestos. These scream MAT Roulunds India, the same supplier for Duralast Gold/BrakeBest/WearEver/Bendix and Volvo service parts.
CADC67CF-F859-4491-9E2C-9CAC72E66CD7.jpeg

Is this the code you are referring to? Seem like good pads. I typically get Raybestos or any parts store pads so that would be great if they were made by them. These do say on the box made in Mexico and Distributed by Napa Brakes Atlanta Georgia if that can tell you anything. I noticed these don’t have the typical new brake pad scent lol 😂 was a little disappointed at that.

View attachment 148963
Is this the code you are referring to? Seem like good pads. I typically get Raybestos or any parts store pads so that would be great if they were made by them. These do say on the box made in Mexico and Distributed by Napa Brakes Atlanta Georgia if that can tell you anything. I noticed these don’t have the typical new brake pad scent lol 😂 was a little disappointed at that.
Yep - and the AMECA friction code doesn’t begin in DB/BX, which are MAT Holdings. I know Bosch and First Brands(Raybestos) makes pads in Mexico.

Elantra has a suspension clunk. Seems a sway bar endlink is bad.
I will replace both and the bar bushing.
Bought Hyundai OEM from rock auto. As well as moog sway bushings.

I went with moog as they were the only vendor that had a different part number for a Korean made Elantra vs a USA made Elantra.
View attachment 149200
Does the US/KR made models have a different size bar, or is it a COO/NAFTA thing?

Got a check engine light tonight on my 2019 Kia Soul 😭.

Generic obd2 code P04E0. It’s not a Kia code and I couldn’t find any codes on the manufacturer side of my cheap little scanner.

It’s for “Evap system purge control valve 'A' stuck closed”

I loaded the parts cannon without any testing when I saw the OEM purge valve on rock auto for $20 shipped. I didn’t see many videos or info about this code, but the ones I did see fixed it with this part.

IMG_0985.jpeg

Thought I had an extra o-ring left over from when I did the timing belt on the LS. No dice. No time to wait on shipping so I took the +50 mile round-trip drive to Lexus of Pleasanton and bought two. Now I have an extra that I'll never use.

20230414_184325_cropped_resized.jpg

List: $11.60 ea.
Net: $8.21 ea.
Total +tax = $18.11

Online Pricing = $6.41 ea. (= $12.82 +shipping)...it's a wash. Have the part in-hand that will outlive me.

There was a 2023 RC-F (not a Sport) in the showroom but it was the wrong color (white). There was a lot of new stock on the lot.

EverStart Maxx Group 35 made by Johnson Controls. Replaces 3 years 10 months old EverStart Maxx 35S also made by Johnson Controls (Manufactured 6/19, installed Sept 07, 2019). So not a bad run at all, but with summer coming up and already near 90-degree Temps, it was time.

Not sure why WM doesn't use -N or -S suffixes anymore.

The new 35 has 640 CCA, old 35S had 550.

Also purchased NOCO Battery Cleaner and NOCO Battery Treatment KIt (which includes Corrosion Preventative and Terminal Protectors).

Back