Post your latest parts purchase

Gonna try and get the shop mechanic to approve this parts purchase.

Screenshot 2021-12-03 215908.jpg

I just bought a gallon of*FLUID FILM.from AAP. I used a 20% AAP Code, plus I had $10 SpeedPerks to use up or loose it and a gift card that I received for helping a friend so, the gallon didn't cost me anything out of pocket. :)

ABS wheel speed sensors. One of the four factory sensors failed after 173,000 miles. I replaced the one failed sensor, these aftermarket units don't fit great but I got it in and works fine so far. The OEM sensors are ridiculously expensive, like $150-200 EACH! What the heck.

1641576635989.jpg

Remy reman'd alternator, motorcraft belt tensioner and a dayco belt for the Grand Marquis. I thought the belt squealing was the idler pully. Turns out it was the bearings in the alternator gone, the bearing in the tensioner pulley bad enough that the pulley is almost eating the timing cover and it still has the original belt

Remy reman'd alternator, motorcraft belt tensioner and a dayco belt for the Grand Marquis. I thought the belt squealing was the idler pully. Turns out it was the bearings in the alternator gone, the bearing in the tensioner pulley bad enough that the pulley is almost eating the timing cover and it still has the original belt
Bah... just spray some WD40 in there and you can get another 50K.

I don't really know where to start, so I guess I'll just start with today's purchases.
Duralast alternator from AutoZone for a 1981 Chevy C30
Brake best pads and rotors from O'Reilly's for the rear for a 2015 Toyota Sienna

Reman Denso starter.
What a really nice surprise is it's reman'ed in the US...was expecting Mexico at best. It was that or a new NAPA one, made in China.

Attachments

• PXL_20220109_130802607.MP (1).jpg
    PXL_20220109_130802607.MP (1).jpg
    85 KB · Views: 18
  • PXL_20220109_131111947.jpg
    PXL_20220109_131111947.jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 18
424EF06C-752A-4055-95F4-3F0BF02D433A.jpeg
2B277198-E05E-47E9-93A8-B4791857E62E.jpeg

Idle air control valve I bought from work for my brother in law. I wanted to get a Motorcraft or NTK or BWD or something like that but he wanted the cheapest one he could get for it so I got this one out the door $68.79.

I just bought some parts from Rockauto for my mom's '94 Explorer. She's trying to limp it through one more winter and plans to junk it in the spring. It had no heat, which is because the blower motor died. I bought a VDO/Continental blower motor on wholesaler closeout. It didn't come with the blower wheel, so I had to swap over the wheel from the old motor. The new motor didn't come with the retaining clip, so I had to get one from the local hardware store. Installed it, it's noisy but works. Apparently the blower motor resistor is also bad, because it only works on the highest speed. Oh well, at least she has heat now. Also from Rockauto: a Fram air filter, also on wholesaler closeout. I found a huge mouse nest in the air box, and the filter was plugged up with nest debris. There was also a bad screeching noise coming from the serpentine belt area (not a belt noise, but a bad bearing noise from one of the pulleys). I didn't want her to get stranded with a shredded belt from a seized pulley (been there myself this Halloween with the Escalade and a seized alternator), so I also got an idler pulley (Ultra Power brand, the cheapest Rockauto had that was shipping from the same warehouse) to replace the wobbling old one. Even though the idler was bad, it was NOT the cause of the screeching noise. That was actually the alternator starting to fail/seize up. Luckily I still had the alternator from the '99 Explorer I parted out and scrapped a few years ago. Installed it, it works great, and no more noise. I also still have the blower motor from the '99, and I tried installing it last week. Unfortunately, it's different from the '94 motor and I couldn't get it to fit and work, which is why I bought the new one. The truck is now patched together and reliable enough for local trips for the next few months.

Other, much less "hooptie" parts purchases I just made:
New thermostat for the Escalade (OE AC Delco from Rockauto). It seems to take a while to get up to operating temp, so the thermostat is probably sticking open.
New idler pulley for the Sienna (also AC Delco from Rockauto). Current one is making a squeaking noise and is a little wobbly.
A/C O-Ring kit for the Sienna (GPD from Rockauto). I finally found the source of the A/C leak I've been having. It's the junction where 2 sections of lines bolt together, near the rear of the van (for the rear evaporator).
Various plastic clips and fasteners to replace broken ones on the Sienna (Toyota OE, from Toyotapartsoverstock.com)

Back