Post your latest oil change

I wasn't comfortable running Mobil Super Synthetic because I like to follow my maintenance minder on my Civic, so my intervals are usually between 9 to 10,000 miles. I didn't feel like that oil is really meant to go quite that far, it's more of a 7500 mile oil I think, and winter puts a bit more of a beating on the oil so that's another reason I didn't want to continue further into the cold weather with it. For the past couple of years I've been getting oil changes done at fast lube places because I moved into an apartment, so that oil was put in by that fast lube (I wanted to get Edge EP like the previous change, but they started filling it before asking me what oil I wanted) But recently my father moved to the same town as me, and I can resume changing my own oil again there, as he's in a townhouse, and the weather was close to 50F on Saturday, which was possibly my one last opportunity to do an oil change there for a few months, hence the earlier oil change than normal.

2018 Subaru Legacy Sport. 53,350 Miles

6005 mile OCI
Out: M1 0W-20 EP
Off: OE Subaru Filter (Old blue, not new blue).

In: M1 0W-20 EP
On: Wix 57055

Also filled up yesterday and put in a bottle of Redline SI-1

While I was at it, I checked the oil in my 2001 S4. I think it has Amsoil AFL 5W-40 in there. It has been in the car now at least 4 years with probably less than 1000k miles on it though I do run it maybe twice a year and let it just idle then rev to 4k rpms to get the oil temp up. The oil was still golden which I was suprised about. There are times when I start the car, move it out of the garage and then turn off with no real running. One of these days, I'll get it registered again, inspected and start to drive while saving to fix things up. Lots and lots of issues with it now. Still technically driveable but need to be safe.

Any oil burning?
Not my car, one of by bosses family members cars, but I replaced the spark plugs on it as well and number 3 was considerably oil fouled. I didn't check the oil before the change so I don't know how much it consumes, but there's evidence to support consumption.

2012 Chrysler 200 LX 2.4L. I believe it was approximately 11,000 km or so since my last oil change, mostly highway. Car has 200,000 km.

Chrysler dealer Mopar full synthetic oil change special. I believe the Mopar oil is equivalent to the Pennzoil black label "Un-Platinum" full synthetic. 5W-20. And I believe they gave me a Magneti Marelli filter like the one in this video.

Screen Shot 2023-12-13 at 6.23.29 PM.png

Last edited:
Back