Post your latest oil change

I have 5 5 gallon buckets I pour used oil in. I take it to the local auto zone for recycling. They let me go in the back and dump it myself. I dress warm and also have a propane lamp heater that works decent. I finish my work then go warm up in the apartment.
LOL mean that ole 🐮 :poop: you can't change oil if you live in an apartment is just an excuse?

I dont live in a complex. It's an old single bay shop that was built in the forties. Sometime in the 80s the property owners fashioned a small apartment dwelling over top of the shop. I've lived here for 12 years.
Sounds good, you must live in a mild climate as I see a few 10W30 and even a SAE30 oil change.

Early ‘99 F250 7.3
272k miles
Delvac 15W40, Motorcraft FL-1995

2015 Equinox, 2.4
63k miles
PP 5W30, Fram XG9018

2001 Suburban 5.3
231k miles
Napa 5W30, Proselect 21522

2019 Ram 1500 3.6
32k miles
Rotella Gas Truck 5W20, Fram filter

2008 HHR 2.2
68k miles
Supertech syn 5W30, AcDelco filter

2019 Subaru Impreza. 1,416 miles on oil. Changed due to time requirements. 18 month Oil Change.

Out: Dealer fill and OEM filter.
In: M1 EP 0W-20 and OEM filter.

2008 Honda CRV

5,000 miles on the oil. Out, Super Tech 0w20...in Super Tech 0w20

Out Napa gold filter, in Fram synthetic oil filter

2008 and with how many miles? How long have you been using Super Tech and what's your normal oil consumption?
150,000 miles on the clock. I’ve either used super tech or Napa synthetic. Early on I used 5w20 conventional (probably up until 80,000 miles or so).

It doesn’t use any measurable amount that I can tell. I used to do 7,000 mile drains when I first switch to synthetic, but I’ve been doing 5,000 miles intervals for a while now.

Only repairs I’ve done is a AC relay. The rest has been fluid changes, tires and brakes. That’s it.

Vehicle: 2018 Subaru Impreza 2.0 L NA
25K on vehicle/5k OCI

Out: 4.2 quarts Castrol Magnatec 0W20 and Fram XG7317
In: 4.2 quarts Napa Synthetic 0w20 and NAPA Gold 7055 filter

20210126_161432.jpg

You’re going to have to change your name if you keep this up.
Yeah I know it. If it makes you feel any better I used Quaker State Synthetic in my wife's Legacy during the last oil change. My truck is due next and I have 8 quarts of NAPA sitting on the shelf for it. Valvouser....nah I'll just keep the name and not worry about it. In all seriousness I do find myself liking Valvoline/NAPA oils more and more as I use them.

The off filter seen better days. Need to invest in a filter wrench bud!!! ;)

Dude... lol

I used one hehehe.

I had to warm up the engine and go full bore, it's almost as if this guy either bench presses 300 or uses an impact to put on filters lol.

Fun fact: That filter will probably be cut open soon ;)

Oil level now sits at the F on the dipstick and I can see it. So why do I want to change the oil...
20210127_090705.jpg

Dude... lol

I used one hehehe.

I had to warm up the engine and go full bore, it's almost as if this guy either bench presses 300 or uses an impact to put on filters lol.

Fun fact: That filter will probably be cut open soon ;)

Oil level now sits at the F on the dipstick and I can see it. So why do I want to change the oil...View attachment 42837
My bad, I see you have the oil filter wrench -- I have the same one actually. Yeah, there is NO NEED to tighten the oil filters to that extent. Did this oil change go in the Subaru or Infiniti than?

My bad, I see you have the oil filter wrench -- I have the same one actually. Yeah, there is NO NEED to tighten the oil filters to that extent. Did this oil change go in the Subaru or Infiniti than?

The Subaru.

Back