Post your latest oil change

2022 Chevrolet Equinox AWS 1.5 turbo (family members car)
Out... unknown oil from a quick lube, hopefully full syn since thats what she paid for. Jobber oil filter
In..... 5 Qts 0W20 Kirkland D1G3 with Supertech MP12060 oil filter
One of the easiest oil changes on a small car. Filters right there and easy to access. Only gripe is the typical thin head on the drain screw. I would recommend using a 6pt box wrench rather than a socket. The thin head on these doesnt give a lot of surface area for the grip. Fortunately the quickie lube didnt have it hammered on too tight.

2022 Chevrolet Equinox AWS 1.5 turbo (family members car)
Out... unknown oil from a quick lube, hopefully full syn since thats what she paid for. Jobber oil filter
In..... 5 Qts 0W20 Kirkland D1G3 with Supertech MP12060 oil filter
One of the easiest oil changes on a small car. Filters right there and easy to access. Only gripe is the typical thin head on the drain screw. I would recommend using a 6pt box wrench rather than a socket. The thin head on these doesnt give a lot of surface area for the grip. Fortunately the quickie lube didnt have it hammered on too tight.
I put a Fumoto valve all my vehicles makes it even easier

I love the old Pontiac. Is it a 1974 model?
Thank you! Yes it is… ‘74 Bonneville. One-year-only body style for the Bonneville coupe. In ‘75, it became a pillared coupe like the Olds 98 and Buick Electra, while the Catalina kept the B-body colonnade style through ‘76. My folks had a silver ‘76 Catalina coupe when I was a child, so I jumped at the chance to buy this similar car.
IMG_0515.jpeg

2023 Hyundai Tucson 2.5 1,302 miles on the vehicle.
Out: Factory fill and filter
In: Quaker State Ultimate Protection 5W-30 Oem Filter

Hyundai says oil change due at 8K miles. I am old school and wanted to drop out initial break in oil. I will change it again at 4,500 miles. Thereafter I will go 5K changes not the 8K they state. MPI so it should be easier on oil than the GDI I previously had.
This engine is still GDI, it just also has MPI to keep the valves clean.

This engine is still GDI, it just also has MPI to keep the valves clean.
I know it is. But it looks like the oil is staying a lot cleaner. The older one after 1K was really dark. When I drained this one it was still amber. We will see.

2011 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid - 124k
2.4l MPI Theta 2
Out: QSFS 0W20 with 3000mi OCI
In: QSFS 20K version 0w20, along with both air filters:)
View attachment 149806
Now I do have an issue: Even w/o oil in the filter, the amount I drained is almost identical to a new jug. And we all know there's good amount of oil trapped in the engine. Does that mean I suffer from a horrible fuel dilation? :oops::oops:
View attachment 149807
You don't have GDI, why would you have fuel dilution?

Thank you! Yes it is… ‘74 Bonneville. One-year-only body style for the Bonneville coupe. In ‘75, it became a pillared coupe like the Olds 98 and Buick Electra, while the Catalina kept the B-body colonnade style through ‘76. My folks had a silver ‘76 Catalina coupe when I was a child, so I jumped at the chance to buy this similar car.
View attachment 153987
My folks had a ‘74 Catalina Brougham four door. It was that ugly split green pea color.
400 Or 455?

View attachment 153987
That is one nice car 👍😍🍻

2001 Chevy S10 Blazer 4x4 4.3L Vortec. 103k miles.

Out: Unknown oil with unknown miles with a NAPA filter. I just ran with it for about 400 miles after I bought this car. But I decided to change it because oil pressure was a little low especially when hot idling. There was zero visible metal in oil when I drained it, and very minimal metal shavings on the magnetic drain plug. Cold idle oil pressure was right at 40psi (I know it’s not the most accurate gauge, but it’s better than Fords of the same era).

In: Castrol Edge 5w30 A3/B4 with Fram Ultra Synthetic filter. Oil pressure went up quite a bit with this oil since it’s a thick 5w30, with a HTHS of 3.5. Cold idle oil pressure is now about 45 psi. Hot idle pressure went up too.

Runs like butter.
Hopefully that Sun shell holds up in the trans for you

View attachment 153987

yeah, cool car. Owner of gas station I worked in as a teenager had the Pontiac Grand Ville (4 door) very similar to those colors. it was about the nicest Pontiac I ever saw.. I don't remember what year it was but it might have been a 75, as it had rectangular headlights.. it dod have the 455.

my Dad had a 68 full size wagon which was badged as a "Ventura", which always caused issues when getting parts, since it was a Catalina or a Bonneville.. We learned later on it was a Canadian model that hadn't gotten sold in Canada.. we lived near Detroit MI.

yeah, cool car. Owner of gas station I worked in as a teenager had the Pontiac Grand Ville (4 door) very similar to those colors. it was about the nicest Pontiac I ever saw.. I don't remember what year it was but it might have been a 75, as it had rectangular headlights.. it dod have the 455.

my Dad had a 68 full size wagon which was badged as a "Ventura", which always caused issues when getting parts, since it was a Catalina or a Bonneville.. We learned later on it was a Canadian model that hadn't gotten sold in Canada.. we lived near Detroit MI.
Those 1968 Pontiacs were the pinnacle for the brand. My folks had a 1968 Executive 4 door hardtop. It didn’t have the B Pillar.

Hopefully that Sun shell holds up in the trans for you
I’m gonna keep the transmission stock. A Lot of people add shift kits and vette servos on these and that causes stress due to harder shifts. Keeping it stock is the best because who cares about slow shifts on a 2001 Chevy truck. I don’t. But crossing my fingers 🤞. I got lots of friends that beat the heck out of their stock 4l60e with a whole lot more miles than mine, and none of them broke their transmissions. I just hope mine lasts, since it only has 103k original miles on it, and it’s seems like the previous owner took pretty good care of it.

Back