Post your latest oil change

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Hey guys just alitte heads up info
Dropped by my local WM to buy oil and filter
The only oil filter on the shelf for my truck was M1
While standing in line I open the box to find someone had switched out the M1 for a Mopar filter...³

The new American mentality isn't it just great.

Hey guys just alitte heads up info
Dropped by my local WM to buy oil and filter
The only oil filter on the shelf for my truck was M1
While standing in line I open the box to find someone had switched out the M1 for a Mopar filter...³

Not uncommon. It's the first thing I do when buying a filter from a store anymore. Same thing happened at a Meijer a few years ago. Can't remember which brands they were, but the higher end box had a low end filter in it.

Filter-swapping reports have been posted here, since this place first existed .... beginning years of the 21st Century.
I've read this exact same mention a thousand times already here.
Old news, but not fake news. Thanks to the OP for refreshing the topic.

I can't understand how stupid someone must be to take a chance on being arrested over $5 bucks

In the beer business - which I was for over 30 years, we had beer drivers fired for taking a 24-pk of empty cans, valued at $2.40.

Michigan has the Bottle Return Law. Each beer can is to be returned and worth 10 cents.
So I beat your stupid reference fella' that stole $5. Mine stole $2.40 and that guy lost a job valued at 75K per year.

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
I can't understand how stupid someone must be to take a chance on being arrested over $5 bucks

In the beer business - which I was for over 30 years, we had beer drivers fired for taking a 24-pk of empty cans, valued at $2.40.

Michigan has the Bottle Return Law. Each beer can is to be returned and worth 10 cents.
So I beat your stupid reference fella' that stole $5. Mine stole $2.40 and that guy lost a job valued at 75K per year.

You just got to love a story the shows some justice is still delved out in America.

Changed the oil today on the ‘47 Ford Tractor.

Out, 6.5 quarts of Valvoline Synthetic Maxlife 5W-30 and Bosch Distance Plus D3500 (FL1-A equivalent).

In, 7 quarts of Chevron Delo Synthetic 5W-40, purchased on clearance at Walmart for $13 per 2.5 gallon jug and Hastings LF426 filter (FL-299 equivalent).

The tractor in it's factory stock configuration, with its pain in the you-know-what cartridge style filter, held 6 quarts. After converting the tractor to accept a 3/4-16 spin on filter, it would hold 6.5 quarts. Now that I'm using the oversized version of the FL1-A, the FL-299, it's capacity is now an honest 7 quarts at the full mark on the stick. Pretty cool really.

Note, the top picture is not of my tractor, the bottom picture is though.

F9376331-555D-4B9A-BFC4-06BEE88EDAE7.jpeg

image.jpg

To cool !!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

Thanks! I might add that this was its 6 month oil/filter change. I do it in the spring and fall, it has no hour meter.

Haven't seen a Hasting filter used in over 30 years
Back in the day I remember my dad using em all the time
Lots of good memory's in those pic's !!
Thanks for sharing !!!ðŸ‘ðŸ‘

2008 Toyota Rav4, 3.5L 2GR-FE

Out: Supertech Synthetic 5w-30
Est. Hours on oil: 160
Miles on oil: 5500

Off: Fram Ultra Guard
Est. Hours on filter: 195+157=352 (approx)
Miles on filter: 12,350

In: 4qt Delo XLE 15w40 + 1.5 qt Pennzoil Platinum HM 5w20
On: Fram Ultra Guard

Busy weekend..
91 Festiva
Out.. can't remember .. 255k 3/17
In.. ST 5w30HM .. 258k .. can't say that turned out well

04 Escape
Out: Mobil HM 5w30 ..154k 3/17
In: Mobil/ST HM 5w30 .. 164k.. that wasn't a good idea either

02 Focus
Out: ST 5w30 synthetic .. 144k 12/18
In: Pennzoil 5w20 HM/ST synthetic 146k .. a bit of silver tone hope it's just breakin from the new head but the clatter says otherwise. Oh well.

2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.0L. 125k miles. 5k miles on oil
Usually do it myself. Let the dealer do this one, to go through the suspension and steering on the lift, etc. Safety check since my daughter drives it to college.

Out: PP 5W-30 and Puro Synthetic filter I got years ago on clearance for $1.50+/-
IN: Dealer used Total Semi-Syn and I'm sure a MC filter (The dreaded 820)

Back