Post your latest beer consumption

Gf got me six pack of this for my birthday gift and few nice turtleneck shirts for wearing under work shirt

I've tried some variations on Torpedo at the (appropriately named) Torpedo Room in Berkeley. Haven't been there in a while as they were closed for a few months in 2018 before reopening. Passed by there a few times since then and they're open now.

torpedo-room-1.jpg

Doesn't look like they've updated their Twitter page in five years though. But the yoga and beer event sounded (ahem) interesting.

One of the great IPA’s from Sierra Nevada 🇺🇸🇨🇦🍺🍺

I've tried it. I actually like Wild Little Thing. I know it's pink and everything, but I do like sours.

I also like their unique offerings only at their breweries and taprooms. I had the original recipe of their classic Pale Ale although I don't recall what it was called.

No fans of sours? There's one brewery around here that only produces sours.
I've never tried a sour. I'm not the biggest fan of IPA's or anything with a sour or bitter taste, so I figured that there's no way that I would like a sour. I've always been more of a traditional Ale, Lager, or Pilsner (pale lager) kinda guy with Stouts and Porters thrown in during the Fall and Winter months.
I do like,...what you "IPA" guys would consider weak I'm sure, Founders "all day IPA" and Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale.

I've never tried a sour. I'm not the biggest fan of IPA's or anything with a sour or bitter taste, so I figured that there's no way that I would like a sour. I've always been more of a traditional Ale, Lager, or Pilsner (pale lager) kinda guy with Stouts and Porters thrown in during the Fall and Winter months.
I do like,...what you "IPA" guys would consider weak I'm sure, Founders "all day IPA" and Sierra Nevada's Pale Ale.

Depends on the sour. My first time trying "The Rack" at Russian River Brewing I hit my first sour and made a face. The people at the next table instantly knew what I just had. But it grows on you. There are certainly milder sours like kettle sour ales. We have a place called Fieldwork Brewing that has quite a few sours mixed with all sorts of fruits. I think it's a basic recipe and then the fruit is added on top of that. There's also a place that specializes in sours called The Rare Barrel. Their bottles are the size of wine bottles, although I think they have smaller pours at their brewery.

the-rare-barrel.jpg

Not all sour beer is all that sour. I think "tart" might be a better description. One of the easier ones to find is Sierra Nevada's Wild Little Thing. It doesn't really taste like a beer. It's more like wine.

wild-can.png

Enjoying first beer in a while. Pretty chocolate, and nice aroma, hints of coconut. Very good

Enjoying chicken try’s and breasts with cauliflower, broccoli and carrots and onion and minced garlic with homemade chicken stock. Delicious!

Attachments

• 49F3F48A-E258-4481-8694-3D329FEEEE72.jpeg
    49F3F48A-E258-4481-8694-3D329FEEEE72.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 47431380-6D3B-4ADA-8A68-ACB7E2C05435.jpeg
    47431380-6D3B-4ADA-8A68-ACB7E2C05435.jpeg
    116.8 KB · Views: 5
Back