Post what you used in your first car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first car was a 67 Chevy C10 with a 305 out of a 80s truck. I used the Ammco 15w40 that my Dad, God rest His sweet soul, had cases and cases of. Free oil is the best kind.

1965 Ford Galaxy 500 with 289 CI. Think I ran 20W-50 to keep any oil burning down, and don't even think I changed it over the winter time (well below freezing) ... it never blew-up.
lol.gif

I haven't got a clue, it was nearly 50 years ago. I don't even think I changed the oil in my first car, but probably topped it up. I think I used ''oil.''

First car was a 68 chevy c10 with a 307 2bbl and a powerglide i loved that rusty but trusty truck.
Used rotella 15w40 because dads old diesel required it and we always had plenty laying around used carquest filters.

It was a 2000 Chrysler Intrepid with a 2.7 L V6 and a 4-speed auto. It takes 5W-30, 5 litres of.

A dinosaur even for the standards at the time, a terrible car in no matter how I look at it but I have some fond memories with it.

My Dad ran a Supertest (bought later by BP) gas station in the 60's and 70's. I had a 64 Malibu 283ci at the time and ran Supertest Heavy Duty (ie. detergent, not straight mineral) oil sometimes SAE 30 and sometimes 10w30.

The 10w30 was called "multi-grade" and was a fairly new product then. It sold on the claim that you didn't have to use SAE 30 in summer and be bothered to change to SAE 10 in winter (Canada). There were still plenty of 6 volt cars then and they didn't start well in the winter with 30 weight oil.

If I really wanted to treat my engine I would fork out the extra cash and go with Quaker State Super Blend 10w30. We carried Hastings and Kralinator filters which I installed of course. We pitched those filters over Fram and Purolator mostly because they felt heavy in your hand. In the 60's people measured value by weight especially in any type of machinery or automobiles.

My first car was a 56 Ford inline 6. Don't remember the oil I used but it was probably Esso Mineralube straight mineral oil SAE 30. There was a 1/2 full can in the old house when we sold. I really do remember those times as the good old days...seriously.

My first car was a 1967 Mercury Cougar with a 289 V8 and auto tranny. Used Quaker State 10w30 and Purolator oil filters.

It was before I'd ever heard of BITOG and I ran 10W-30 Castrol GTX... because it was "thicker" than 5W-30. Yeah, back when I didn't really know what the [censored] those numbers really meant.

I can't remember exactly what was used in my first vehicle, it could have been Pennzoil YB because thats what my dad use to run in everything.

but when i started doing oil changes it was either halvoline or valvoline for quite awhile.

then i started branching out and using Superflo, tropartic and mobil in the blue bottle.

First oil change I did on my own, 19 years old, my '02 Altima 2.5 that had 103k miles at the time in November 2010. I used PYB 5W30 and a Mobil 1 filter. Before that I had never done an oil change before besides helping my dad with the Cummins in my sig. I've done literally hundreds of oil changes for family and friends since, in the past 8 years.

1981 Chevy Citation with 2.8 V6. I worked at my uncles Sunoco garage and I used ARCO GRAPHITE 20W-50 all yr long!!! Why?? Cuz I didnt know any better. Never had an issue in 140K when I sold it to my uncle. He had it 4 yrs and sold it to a guy who ran it for several more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back